Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from a few hundred miles in ME this weekend. Unloaded and found that even in regular 4wd, the hill decent indicator was on in the MFD. Tried switching from 2wd to HD back to 4wd a few times. Rode around the yard a bit. Still, it would randomly go into hill decent mode when the switch was in standard 4wd mode. Anyone have this happen? Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow for an appointment, but wanted to see if anyone else went through this and what I might be in store for.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad 4x4 switch, you can always disconnect its plug too find out.. Then again I've never disconnected mine too find out what it does

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right, it could be something like that. That was actually the first thing I guessed and I kept wiggling the switch to see if it had any effect but nothing. Bike has to go in for some other service stuff, so will see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. It was out in the rain the night before. Maybe water in the switch?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Will pass it along to the dealer and hopefully they can pinpoint it. It's raining today so I can't go out and see if it's cured. Maybe try it tomorrow and see if some drying out time eliminates it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I was gonna ask that myself. It sounds like Polaris need to implement a waterproof switch for that selector. This isn't the first time I've heard of this. If it does end up being the switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had an eps light and battery light coming on after trying to repay someone for soaking me. I absolutely hammered it through every water hole I came to and 1 mile from home I lost eps. After getting home and shutting it off the battery was completely dead. An hour later it started right back up but eps light came on again. The next day eps light was out and I checked voltage at the battery and had 12.25 not running and 14.5 running. Apparently I got something wet that didn't like being wet. It must have dried out, a couple hundred miles later no issues.

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
I had an eps light and battery light coming on after trying to repay someone for soaking me. I absolutely hammered it through every water hole I came to and 1 mile from home I lost eps. After getting home and shutting it off the battery was completely dead. An hour later it started right back up but eps light came on again. The next day eps light was out and I checked voltage at the battery and had 12.25 not running and 14.5 running. Apparently I got something wet that didn't like being wet. It must have dried out, a couple hundred miles later no issues.
That's just Karma kicking in.....

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
Got back from a few hundred miles in ME this weekend. Unloaded and found that even in regular 4wd, the hill decent indicator was on in the MFD. Tried switching from 2wd to HD back to 4wd a few times. Rode around the yard a bit. Still, it would randomly go into hill decent mode when the switch was in standard 4wd mode. Anyone have this happen? Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow for an appointment, but wanted to see if anyone else went through this and what I might be in store for.
Mine would do that after being out in the rain. Got tired of that, and since I never use it anyway, I just disabled it. I think the switch doesn't like moisture.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think i'll put a ziplock bag over the bar next time i hose it down and see if it still acts up afterwards.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just pack it full with dielectric grease. You should do it on all of your electrical connections. I use to have eps issue's but after the grease I have none. Hope this helps and good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts