Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching a video on a 2013 Sportsman 400. It is the same as the one I own.What I am wondering is when the switch is placed in the 4X4 mode is this supposed to show on the indicator?On mine it only shows when the bike is in a gear.Also when riding and I place the switch to the 4X4 mode I have to let off the throttle to get this indicator. Is this the way it should be?My owners manual is of little help with this query.Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
505 Posts
1)It will only show u that ur in 4x4 when your in gear.
2)i haven't even payed attention to whether or not you need to let off the throttle in order or it to show your in 4x4. All i can think of is it would be a safety feature in case you back wheels are slipping and therefore it would jam into 4x4 and destroy your front diff.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
It won't engage until it's below a certain rpm, it's normal so people don't engage it when stuck and wide open and blow the diff to pieces.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are both correct. I just asked my dealer that the other week and he confirmed it only shows you in 4x4 while in gear.
And if you shift on the fly it will do so at lower rpm.

I actually just noticed both of those things a couple weeks ago and I have already put 50+ hours 6030ish km's on my 2013.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts