Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the question last week and didn't get much help but here is a little more detail about the issue.

I took it out over the weekend and realized I now have full time 4X4 even when the switch is off, however when the switch is on and have to back up the over ride is not engaging the four wheel dirve. Works the way it is supposed to on everything else but will not engage the 4X4.

In recap 4X4 full time in forward and no time in reverse!! Any suggestions????????

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check and see if you are getting 12 volts at the coil in your hub, then turn the switch off and check again. You shouldn't be getting 12 volts with the switch off, if you are then the problem lies with the electrical, this will also effect the reverse problem. By the sound of this, I would suspect the switch, (awd) not the hub. You say the front wheels are driving and that tells us that it the hubs is working.
Check it out and get back to us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To start off thanks for the input and ideas!!

I unplugged the AWD switch to see what happened. It appeared to initially work but after spinning a little bit the front wheels engaged and did not appear to ever dis-engage. Also, it appears that the four wheel drive on this machine is not controled at the hub (i.e. no wires running to the hubs) does that mean it is controlled in the front case. This entire problem really occured a couple weeks ago when I hit a snow drift fairly hard and got half way thru and then tried to back out and realized that I had no 4X4 in reverse. Any other ideas????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts