Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 450 that the 4x4 (AWD) does not disengage all the time or sometimes catches.
I am pretty sure that the plastic cage that hold the rollers is messed up.
I know I have to rip it all apart and fix it but was planning on going out with it this weekend.
My main question is can I screw anything up worse if I continue to use it.
Having said that does anybody have that section of the service manual they would like to share??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I ripped it all apart and found nothing, everything is in perfect shape.
roller cage is fine, bearing fine, CV joints are seized but soaked them with penetrating fluid and try to get them out tomorrow.
What an absolute PIA to get the front gear case out.
everything in the front has to come off, bumper, winch,, rack, rad.......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New this spring.
What really troubled me was I had the back end jacked up to change my tires and I could spin the rear wheels and every 2nd ort 3rd rotation the fronts would engage.
this happened with the bike turned off.

·
Registered
2012 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
15 Posts
New this spring.
What really troubled me was I had the back end jacked up to change my tires and I could spin the rear wheels and every 2nd ort 3rd rotation the fronts would engage.
this happened with the bike turned off.
Same thing is happening to me, anyone ever figure it out??

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
That was 5 years ago - probably did figure it out

Why not just start a new thread and ask about your situation instead of trying to revive an old topic? Your problem may have the same symptoms, but could have a completely different cause. Might be as simple as an oil change in the unit the Hilliard clutch is located in.

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts
What's the fluid look look like?

·
Registered
2012 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
15 Posts
That was 5 years ago - probably did figure it out

Why not just start a new thread and ask about your situation instead of trying to revive an old topic? Your problem may have the same symptoms, but could have a completely different cause. Might be as simple as an oil change in the unit the Hilliard clutch is located in.
Because most people get upset when multiple threads are posted about the same topic..yea i got it, it was a fluid change that needed to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts