Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have a 4x4 issue. I did search and found a lot of good info but none really fit my issue. Here the the whole story... Fast version... Put on lift kit, broke an axle, put in new axle and took off lift kit!. Now I only have 3 wheel drive! The front wheel that is working is the one I broke the axle on. The other wheel I only had apart to remove spacers. I did find kinked wire on the non working side, so I cut and spliced the wire ( I used solder and heat shrink... But the gauge size of the wire I used is bigger) but it still is not working. I have traced the wire from the harness all the way down and see nothing. Is it possible the wheel magnetic thing a ma bob went bad? Plowing is 3x4 sucks!... But it works!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you disconnected that wire from the harness and checked the voltage using a multimeter?

B) With the engine OFF, separate the two connectors. On the sides going to the struts, you should measure ~25 ohms between pins on each connector. You should also measure open circuits between each of these pins and the frame. If either of these two tests fail, inspect the wires as far down as you can go to see if you can find a break and splice it if you can. If not you'll have to replace the hub coil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts