Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 polaris sportsman that the 4x4 wont work. I dont see any reason its not .. Got voltage through the 4x4 switch. The awd light comes on but nothing . the speedo doesnt work but it hasnt since I bought it . nothing broken in the case .. It has never worked in reverse but it used to before i broke the axel. And kept riding in 3 wheel drive .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find out why the speedo doesn't work.
Its never worked .. Even when the 4x4 did work. Is there a reason why I need the speedo .. I honestly dont care if I kno how fast im going. As I just send it Lmao . but is theres a link between the speedo and the front dif ?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,614 Posts
I have a 2004 polaris sportsman that the 4x4 wont work. I dont see any reason its not .. Got voltage through the 4x4 switch. The awd light comes on but nothing . the speedo doesnt work but it hasnt since I bought it . nothing broken in the case .. It has never worked in reverse but it used to before i broke the axel. And kept riding in 3 wheel drive .
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Most 04 models ground the AWD coil through the speedo (brn/wht wire on the speedo connector) - depending on the failure of the speedo, it may or may allow the AWD to work. The reverse override also is linked through the speedo as well as the reverse speed limiter. Try jumping the brn/wht wire directly to ground.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Most 04 models ground the AWD coil through the speedo (brn/wht wire on the speedo connector) - depending on the failure of the speedo, it may or may allow the AWD to work. The reverse override also is linked through the speedo as well as the reverse speed limiter. Try jumping the brn/wht wire directly to ground.
Yup, twas my point when I said find out why speedo doesn't work, saw that multiple times affect 4X4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill try that .. The reverse override says slow when engaged so im guessing its sending the signal . but obviously I dont know much about this design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts