Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use a 5' x 8' enclosed trailer to haul their quad? If so your thoughts? Too small? Just fine? etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a carry-on 6x12 enclosed. i think the 5x8 version is only 48 inches wide at the door opening. My sportsman 850 xp was just under 48 inches wide with stock tires. i don't know what you ride but keep in mind the actual door opening is smaller than 5 feet.

Ljay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya that was my original worry, the trailer im looking at has a 52" door opening. so my 48" quad should fit. not sure how easy it is to get it in and out though? Thanks for the heads up Ljay!!

Anyone else??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I use a 5x8 Big Tex 30sa trailer. My 12 850 XP fits fine. There's about 1/2 a foot on each side and 1/2 a foot front and rear of clear space. Works for me as its just me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wish my 5x8 Haulmark had 52" instead of the 48" opening. My stock Scrambler fits in through the opening, but Sportsman with bigger tires will not. Also, get the trailer with a side door. Makes it easier to strap down in the front.

·
Registered
257 Posts
do you pull your atv in that or is that just a sleeper

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a 4x6 behind our car. It fits, but it's tight. I had to make the tailgate sit back about 2 inches farther. But it works perfectly on my 2012 sportsman 400

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is my 6 x 12, a good size if you don't want to pull a big trailer.
Very nicely done.

With the cabinets up front, I assume it's a Vnose? hard to tell from the first pic.

I have a 6x14 I picked up in December. I would like a setup similar to yours for camping/riding. Normally I'm pulling dirt bikes though.

I wouldn't want to load my Sportsman into a 5x8. Certainly not without a front door or else you'd be climbing over the top of the thing to tie it down.

With my 6x14, I can fit my KTM wedged into the front corner, and the Sportsman behind it with a 6' blade angled. Tight getting it through the door though :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
The biggest challenge is backing out. The door is kinda narrow but if you take your time you should be okay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
netem that is one sweet trailer! that is my intention for mine. pulling double duty as RV/toyhauler. nice! I'll prolly copy your fold-down bed idea if you don't mind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yea I did the inside myself, all insulated,30 amp and 12 volt. If you want to copy what I did go for it I works out nice for me. I found the trailer on ebay ( Road Dog ) I called them and had them make one with the windows. They will do about anything you want they are in Ga. The decals came from ebay just do a search for Polaris decals they had others. Oh and yes it is a v nose I used the v for the storage up front. With a v nose trailer you get the v free as in a 12 ft trailer plus about 2 ft v = 14 ft.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts