Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently serving in the middle east, my platoon has acquired a couple of Polaris rangers im guessing around 2008 models. We are not authorized to have them and are struggling with one with fuel line routing, any diagram or explanation would be much appreciated!

Attachments

·
10,997 Posts
The lines in your pic are only vent lines. They are just open to the atmosphere. The fuel intake inlet from the fuel pump/tank will be on the lower part of the carb on the opposite side of the carb from your picture view.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the port on very bottom? That seems to be where fuel is coming from
Thank you again for your help
Ssg Smith

·
10,997 Posts
If its leaking fuel out the bottom of the carb float bowl #15, you'll need to remove the carb and replace the o-ring #9 under the needle valve seat #10. Also clean/shine the inside of the seat itself with a Qtip or or piece of steel wool and make sure the rubber tip of the valve needle is clean and smooth.
The way it is supposed to work when the engine is running is that fuel from the intake line fills the bowl raising the float #17 with the valve needle attached to plug the inlet hole in the needle seat to shut off fuel flow. As fuel in the bowl is used by the engine, the float lowers to allow more fuel into the bowl and thus maintain a constant supply without overfilling. When the o-ring is damaged or the needle/seat doesn't seal because of dirt or corrosion, fuel will overfill the bowl and escape via an overflow tube out the bottom of the bowl. There is actually supposed to be a small section of line attached to the bottom nipple so that any overflow just runs onto the ground rather dripping on the engine. But its not important if the carb isn't overflowing and there is no drip. There is also a screw #16 on the side of the bowl for draining water or contaminates out the same way. It only has to be opened a couple turns to let any water or dirt be flushed out of the bowl periodically.
Below is a pic of the carb parts and a link for the Polaris parts catalog that may help. If you can get me an address Ssg Smith, I can try to send you an envelop with a couple o-rings, valve needle and bowl gaskets if you can't get the originals cleaned up and working.
Here's a link to the parts catalog. Just plug in your machine... Product line = RGR Year = 2008 Model = 500 and find your parts.

Here's the diagram of the carb. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts