Polaris ATV Forum banner

500 exhaust

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  polarispete 
#1 ·
I have a sportsman 500 ho 2012 I am looking for a full exhaust system not opposed to slip ons though I thought if youre Donna do it do it right I'd like to keep it under 500$

#2 ·
You dont see many offered because there is little advantage in doing so. There is little restriction to a single cylinder head...

Go with just the slip on or mod you muffler for a lower cost option.

CW

#4 ·
I don't understand why everyone on here discourages people from buying an exhaust. Then everyone and their brother does the exhaust mod and says its the best thing they've ever done and they feel the power!

I think the big gun sounds good, never heard it in person though.

#5 ·
I have the Big Gun full system for my 2011 500 and I love it. People stare cause it is loud, but whatever, I'm not there to impress anyone. As for performance, I got the exhaust, re-jetted the carb and went with a K&N filter. My atv is faster then my wife's 2012 500. Was like $750 for everything.

It is nowhere near as fast as a lighter sports atv, but I enjoy every minute of it on the trails. Actually just came back from a 2 hour rip, smiled the whole time.

#6 ·
I just bought the big gun slip on exhaust for my 2013 850xp and I love it! It is loud and also provides a little more power than before. The downfall....... I will have to out on the old exhaust during deer season. I would say go with the Big Gun. I bought mine off ebay for $212.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.