Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i just got a new 09 500 ho. i was just wondering what the top speed is on these things when they get broken in. i have almost 6 hours on it right now so i'm still taking it kinda easy on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 04 500HO will carry my big behind 50MPH! And puling power......WOW! I have pulled full hay wagons with it.:anbet: Polaris ATV's rock!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have an 07 500 HO and I've had it up to 55mph and I dont think it had too much more in it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have an 08 500ho. had it a bit over a yr 1000miles and 100+ hrs. top speed iv had it up to was 58mph. so if your in the 55mph range it seems your at the top speed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I also have a 2009 sportsman 500 HO...and have had it up to 50, but i know it will go faster ...but i mostly ride it on a farm and by the time i get it up to 50,i'm heading for the woods....:biglaugh:but i'm sure it will reach maybe 60+mph....its broken it and i've changed every fluid and filters on it...MUDDIE49

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 500ho

I have had mine up to 58mph then backed off that was fast enough on a country road but it still had throttle left and i would guess around 65 would be top speed. Also mine is bone stock except for maxxis bighorn 2.0 tires which hold the road awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had mine just under 60. DirtyDawg what did you use for weights and springs and such when you did that cluch job. I was looking at your website and saw there was a few differnt choices i think.:scratchchin:

·
Registered
527 Posts
The clutch kit for that model includes a roller secondary clutch, secondary spring, multi angle helix, primary spring and standard weights. The parts in the kit will depend on what is done to your machine. Engine mods, tire size, elevation, rider weight, and riding conditions. We custom set up kits to every persons needs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
DD Dale wont steer you wrong, He is in business to make $ AND keep his customers happy. I got my kit from another mail order place, but they asked me what Mods I had done to my machine, if any, and if I had installed larger tires, were I lived and what elevation above sea level. then sent me the kit I needed. I suspect Dirty Dog Dale can and will do the same for you. He may even have the tools for sale you will need to do the work yourself I would think.
At any rate, it will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 500HO and have had it up between 60 an 64. Pleanty of power I pulled a 2 gang 3foot wide disc with 300lbs of weights on it with no problem. We are very pleased with it so far. 29hrs and just over 120 miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have had my 08 up to 67mph with stock tires by myself, and 62mph with passenger. it only goes between 55 and 60 with 27" mudlites on 14" itps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most of these top speed seem really high for a 500 class machine, has anyone used a gps to see what their top speed is because the speedos might be a little off.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
i have had my 08 up to 67mph with stock tires by myself, and 62mph with passenger. it only goes between 55 and 60 with 27" mudlites on 14" itps.
I just love how somebody's first post shows how stupid they are. 62 with a passenger is stupid and I doubt accurate

1 - 20 of 44 Posts