Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Nobody makes a rack replacement. But you can get rack extenders.

What year is your machine? Best performance mod, is selling it and getting a big bore! (lol)

Seriously tho, best mod = TIRES + CLUTCH KIT

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
x3 on the clutch kit and tires. Only way to make it feel like a different machine IMO.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Like everyone else has said, you can get a front rack extender like this:

But nobody that I know of makes a rack that you can put on the front like other atv's have. I wish Polaris at least left the lock and ride on the front rack.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You can get a nice rear rack on Amazon cheap, the front rack extender from Polaris looks sharp. You can use the lock & ride holes on the rear plastic with fender washers underneath to hold down the wire mesh type rear rack. Cant help with performance mods, I'm a purist...:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
So how exactly does it make it feel compared to stock? Would i want to do this to a hunting mostly machine?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Like everyone else has said, you can get a front rack extender like this:

But nobody that I know of makes a rack that you can put on the front like other atv's have. I wish Polaris at least left the lock and ride on the front rack.

Polaris does a lock and ride rack for the front. At least for my 2011. They came on some 400 and 800 models.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Polaris does a lock and ride rack for the front. At least for my 2011. They came on some 400 and 800 models[/SIZE].
Is it a metal one??

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
best performance mod is a clutch kit. I recommend putting one on every atv, especially if you want to run any tire other than stock. As far as metal racks, I bolted a piece of aluminum diamond plate to my rear rack, and bolted my ammo cans, cooler, and back rest to that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Polaris does a lock and ride rack for the front. At least for my 2011. They came on some 400 and 800 models[/SIZE].
Is it a metal one??

No it is plastic. But at least it give you the option to attach stuff to it. Does yours have the storage in the front.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
No it is plastic. But at least it give you the option to attach stuff to it. Does yours have the storage in the front.
Thanks. Thought maybe they made a metal one for the post 2010s. I know the op was looking for metal. As mentioned I think the best option is diamond plate mounted on top of the plastic.

Both my 500 and 850 have the front box. I prefer the 850 one bec it's lock and ride. 2 plungers instead of 4 bolts and 4 screws.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts