Polaris ATV Forum banner

W

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
the spring in bendix may be weak....or bendix is dirty..dont want to over lube them..it collects metal bits from engaging an grime..just a few drops of 3-1 oil is all you need....NO wd-40 or grease..gums up....also make sure the thrust washer is on the end...

#15 ·
Good day ... yes from New my polaris has had that run ... replaced starter to find out it is jamming that it won't turn over like it is jamming on fly wheel ... pulled apart everything looks new no heavy wear nothing broken but can move bendix back and forth in block and housing .. would this cause everything to jam when I try to start?

#10 ·
its a metal bushing....can be a bitch to remove i was told...there is a video on youtube showing removal...I am going to see if advanced auto rents a bushing puller...its free actually..just leave a deposit....

the part for yours is 3083669 BUSHING, STARTER..its around 15.00....I figure if I am in there ..why not replace it...cant hurt...

#13 ·
On the 800 there is two bushings and I would think the 500 is the same way. One in the cover and one in the block. On the 800 the one in the block wears a lot more than the one in the cover

#19 ·
See post # 16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.