Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 09 Sportsman 500 HO last year and i am not to imprest with the crousing speed of about 40mph. I am looking into getting a 550 xp and am wondering what the top speed and crousing speed is on them?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
after they get broke in, most everybody can get 50 or 60 out of the carb'd models

·
Registered
601 Posts
40mph?...your kidding me right..everybody,i know that has one gets aleast 55Mph...I had my 500HO almost to 60 MPH then i backed off....Woods were comming up fast....Muddie49

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have had my 550XP going 64mph but had to let off.I'm not 100% sure but I think they are suppose to do somewhere around 66mph.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm talking about crousing speed not top speed. I can get my quad up to 60 if i want to. I am talking about crousing down the logging trail. It seems like the R's are up there at 40 and i like to take care of my stuff cuzz i work hard for it. Im not going to crouse down the road redlined or near it. Just wondering if the 550 XP's are any differn't (clutch or gear wise)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ok.. so its not a speed question its a rpm thing? Whats your rpm's at 40mph and i'll compare it with my rpms at 40 mph if that means anything....I rarely go that fast on trails...problay top speed i've gone on trails is 40 mph also...I never beat my toys also...but i did push it one day for haha's just to see what it would do and i'm happy with it...guess thats all that counts...:rockwoot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts