Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I am very happy with the 500 HO, just did the 25 hour oil change and lube was very easy. Two things, anyone use the Napa NBH 20G4022, I would like to keep one as a spare. Secondly I feel the power is low to mid, once you gain speed or need more the throttle just doesn't seem to be all there. Anything that will help upper end? FYI I am above 3000 in Calgary.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
3000ft isn't too bad.

I always found my 400 very peppy in low, but once you're at say 40 km/h and hit the gas, its underpowered.

Do a clutch kit, and maybe some jetting to compensate for the elevation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The exhaust made a huge difference in my 2013 500 ho top end

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldnt recommend that belt for atv. For a sled its fine. The difference is that belt has raised cogs on the back side, the belt slaps/rubs bottom of cover on decel eventually trenching a groove in your clutch cover. Other than that its a great belt!

·
Registered
505 Posts
The exhaust made a huge difference in my 2013 500 ho top end
What kind of exhaust do you have

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Read his Sig

Say's he has an exhaust mod. (stock muffler gut job)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya I did the exhaust mod , 2 1/4 inch hole in the back and then drilled 8 - 1/2 inch holes around the baffle and then welded a 2 1/4 in turn down . I can pull the front tires in high now and hold it up , best mod yet I should update my sig

·
Registered
505 Posts
It doesnt show sig on tapatalk..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Playing with your clutching might be able to help. Be sure and mention to whichever company you choose that you are specifically looking for some mid to top end. When I added my clutch kit it actually helped the mid range throttle response but obviously didn't make it any faster.

What would really help you though is an 850. These things go from 20-70 mph with ease compared to the 500 HO :burnout: :D

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Air intake, Clutch kit, Exhaust, ReJet. Other than that your gonna be tearing into the motor. You will achieve noticeable gains, but nothing Dramatic.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Nothing you do is going to give you much if any more top end than stock, but the stuff Fuse mentioned will get you better throttle response and feel up top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts