Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will jetting alone give you better throttle response under pressure. I have done this on a few cycle in the past but not an ATV. My concern is I find in the snow under pressure it feels a bit bogged. Want just a bit more down.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
The main jet is good for 3/4 to full throttle.
For midrange, You may just need to raise the needle (lower the clip setting) one step.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You can try something like a Dynojet kit to clean up your jetting. Used their kit on one or two machines and was happy with the results

·
Registered
805 Posts
Will jetting alone give you better throttle response under pressure. I have done this on a few cycle in the past but not an ATV. My concern is I find in the snow under pressure it feels a bit bogged. Want just a bit more down.
This is nothing to do with your jetting. You need to be looking into your clutching. What machine is it? What tires?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
13 stock tires, 500HO seems like lacks low down and smell gas when I have to full throttle it seems like its not jetted correctly from stock.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Try adjusting the mixture screw and see if you can tune out the low end gas smell. Also make sure the coke cable is adjusted and seated properly. If it's still doggy feeling after that then it's in the clutching which is very soft from the factory.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I installed dynojet kit in my 13 500. Unfortunately at the same time as clutch install. I am certain the clutch kit did the most bang for buck. I did jet kit based on what my plug looked like...im sure it helped some. But for more realistic gains i would clutch it and free up what is already there. Hope the gives a little insight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What did your plug look like? To rich or on the lean side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts