Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Sportsman 500 with about 80 hrs on it. Whenever it gets ridden hard it flashes a HOT CHECK ENGINE warning on the display. It doesn't seem to be running hot. The fan is working, the radiator has been flushed and the thermostat replaced. The oil got changed at 70 hrs and the air filter is new.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 05 polaris 400 with the same problem, flashed hot, but does not appear to be hot fan is running, lots of antefreeze and not boiling. does anyone have a solution

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Nice "Tats" and welcome to the board to both of you!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sounds like a Faulty Coolant temp sensor...

Sounds like it could be a faulty coolant Temperture Sensor....best way is too have your dealer or some tech to pull the codes out of it...Muddie49

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check the carburetor jetting to make sure you're not running too lean. Also possible to have a trapped air pocket in the cooling system by the wayer pump, keeping it from circulating coolant. If the fan is bringing the temp back down, my money is on the jetting unless of course yours is an EFI (not specified in your post).

·
Registered
15 Posts
on those models when your battery is about dead or real close ive had them do the same thing i duno if its your problem but its worth a shot then there is a box underneath a piece of plastic between your handlebars and plastic cant remember what its called but i have had that go bad on me to and do the same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies, this bike has a carb. My plan is to take it to the dealer, ouch,the last time I had it for a spring tune up $500. Oh well,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts