Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen as the title states I have cracks in my clutch and will need to be replaced the bike is an 2002, my question is do I go with OEM or is there an after market piece that is as good or better "cheaper" If anyone has advice or suggestions I am open for suggestions.. thanks lads

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would use the Polaris clutch as this is the best on the market. Do not by a comet clutch as they do not hold up. Why are the sheaves cracked? I would make sure I knew why they were cracked before I installed a new one. I can hook you up with a new primary clutch that will give you way more low end power and increased performance through out the power band.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dale
I was the guy who spoke to you earlier about a clutch kit.. remember the big tires burning belts.
well finally saved enough money bought kit and when a buddy was helping me install we discovered the cracks. The secondary and primary springs were sagged/ soft compared to the new kit the pins have wear on them all this = overheating clutch and failure / cracking... I guess.. So now that I spent 300 on a clutch kit (which I cant return) I need to spend another 500 on a new clutch assembly.. Thanks for the quick response to my post and for the good advice.
Will another clutch (polaris) work there is a primary and secondary on Ebay but its a non EBS and not sure what model it off of. I have contacted seller for info but you would probably know as well?
Thanks again John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts