Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two problems that would greatly appreciate some help.
1. cruising around paddock mid morning and bike just stops. no lights come on just seems to struggle for fuel. efi machine so vapourizing or possible fuel filter problem? leave bike for 5 mins and it starts again and able to ride off but annoying as its happend a couple of times but not all on the same day. weather was warm but not real hot.
2. changing oil in bike and cleaning air filter noticed black hose going in to air box through a rubber foam and an oil residue in the foam and a small amount of oil in the bottom air box. is this normal? or problem
any help greatly appreciated
cheers duane

·
Registered
174 Posts
mine did the same thing it drove me crazy especially 100k in the mountians. this is one problem that really pisses me off because it is so simple and it looks like a 2$ part, but it will cost you around 500 to fix. what it is, is on the fuel pump assembly in the tank there is a fuel pressure relief valve that sticks in the open position, this valve does seperate from the rest of the pump and does have a bosh part number on it. it's held in by some kind of c clip, i called countless stores and even called bosh with the part number, no luck. I would suggest maybe compareing fuel pumps till maybe you'll find one that has the same valve, if not you have to buy a whole new fuel tank complete with pump from polris for, yep mine was 500 bucks. I still have my old pump and tank because it's still good, just has a sticking valve. some day i'll try to fix it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, will pull mine apart shotly and let u know how i get on.Any thoughts on the oil problem? cheers Duane

·
Registered
174 Posts
ya it's normal, thats your PCV, as long as it's not making a puddle on the bottem of your airbox. and becareful when your puing the pump out, it's a real pain to get out, you have to kida turn and pull, but dont pull too hard. if you find a repacement valve let me now where u got it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do, could i grab the part number you have found on the side of the pressure relief valve so i can chase up a few stores before i pull the fuel pump out just to save on down time.
that would be greatly appreciated,
there was a small puddle of oil in the bottom of the air box. what could this mean?
thanks for your assistance Duane

·
Registered
174 Posts
tommrow afternoon i'll check. or on your side of the world tommrow night lol, that oil is blowby from the crank case, you could play around putting some kind of filter in the line, but I woudn't worry too much about it, it's just a sign that your engine is "getting old" but it will go for years and years. just wipe out the mess once and a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do a search on here and I thought I read that some one found a Hyundia sonata fuel pump that was identical and worked well for around $100.00.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do a search on here and I thought I read that some one found a Hyundia sonata fuel pump that was identical and worked well for around $100.00.
Yes it was a 1992 Hyundai Sonata fuel pump

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, will look into the 92 hyundai fuel pump. if i could grab the part number off you 4play for the pressure relief valve i see if i can get lucky and it be a two dollar part!! and let you all know where it can be purchased, but either way the hyundai fuel pump is also a cheap option.
thanks Duane

1 - 14 of 14 Posts