Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just getting back into riding and have narrowed the choices down to the 550 or the 570. I mostly ride trails and do want a smooth comfortable ride and some mud but not the real deep thick stuff. does anyone have any pros or cons of either of these machines. just tell me what your thoughts are. thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
The difference between both bike beside the looks would be the anti kick back vs none on the 570 if you ride on rough trails.

The 550 is a real cadillac you barely feel the holes and rocks on the trail.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Just a few things
550 has more ground clearance,better suspension,more rack weight,more towing capacity,larger tires (if you like that,I do). Larger gas tank,narrow/taller seat,,triple high beams,larger wheel base (550 is 53"/570 is 50"),engine braking and on the 2014 550 EPS is standard.
570 has a cheaper price tag, 18 more cc and EPS is an add-on.
550 dry weight is 733lbs
570 dry weight is 702 lbs
550 engine is 549cc
570 engine is 567cc
To each there own, go ride both if you can and decide for your self,opinions will be all over the place on here and clearly I am biased towards the XP as I own one. Whether its the big bore 850 or the midsize 550, The XP owns the ATV market at the moment.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
If I was in the market for a new atv in that size range, it would be a 570 for me. The anti-kick back is a moot point if you opt for power steering. I wouldn't buy an atv without it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
more bang for your buck on the 570. The 3/4" ground clearance and nominal weight differences are not worth the extra money for the 550. the ride of the 570 will still be smooth and comfy. I'd got 570 with the EPS. and plan to when I upgrade.

also, next time do a search, there have been at least a dozen of this thread already...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have an 850 and came from a Foreman 450ES and Rincon 650. I chose the 850 because I wanted the big boy. Honestly you need to ride them both and then you'll never second guess yourself because seat of the pants feeling on generally everything (bikes, cars, boats, girls) is the best way to KNOW what you like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys for the replies, I guess I will just go ride both and see what I like best. I just wanted some opinions pros and cons to see if anyone else had one of these and there thoughts. thanks again

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
more bang for your buck on the 570. The 3/4" ground clearance and nominal weight differences are not worth the extra money for the 550. the ride of the 570 will still be smooth and comfy. I'd got 570 with the EPS. and plan to when I upgrade.

also, next time do a search, there have been at least a dozen of this thread already...
If everyone used the search feature this site would be dead!! Who cares if it's been covered before!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
326 Posts
The XP has a more of an agressive styling IMO. But then agian the 570 is a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I recently bought a new 2013 550LE for my wife and it kicks ass, it starts right away everytime and has less vibration than my 850 Scrambler! Lots of torque and top speed, Imho the 550 is superior. :veryhappy:

And I agree that unless you have really busy forum like Yellowbullet etc. don't piss people off by telling them to do searches etc. as they will not post or just leave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think im leaning more towards the 550 for a better ride. the 570 is kinda new to this frame,so I don't know if any bugs or not. im still open to anyones opinion tho..... AND YES I did do a search but just couldn`t find some answers I needed. thanks to the guys with respect. I just ask simple question.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just went thru this dilemma. I ended up with the 570. The "bling" factor of the XP line did nothing for me. The 570 also has more power. Also, hope ya enjoy 14" wheels/ tires cause you can't run 12's on a XP. Just food for thought

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Also, hope ya enjoy 14" wheels/ tires cause you can't run 12's on a XP. Just food for thought
What is the biggest con of the 14" wheels? My 700 has 12" but I didn't really think much about it. Is this an issue if one generally stays stock?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ this. If the 570 was around when i got my machine i would probably get it over my 850

·
Registered
668 Posts
The XP chassis is more forgiving when riding in area that may be above your skill level. I think the XP machines keep all four wheels on the ground better than the 400/570/800 chassis. Especially up steep hills with rocks sticking out. Not to say the value chassis is bad (it is as good or better than most other atvs) but the XP is just a little better.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Also, hope ya enjoy 14" wheels/ tires cause you can't run 12's on a XP. Just food for thought
What is the biggest con of the 14" wheels? My 700 has 12" but I didn't really think much about it. Is this an issue if one generally stays stock?
You have less sidewall, more prone to puncture, and knocking the bead off the rim.

Advantage 12"!!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I just went thru this dilemma. I ended up with the 570. The "bling" factor of the XP line did nothing for me. The 570 also has more power. Also, hope ya enjoy 14" wheels/ tires cause you can't run 12's on a XP. Just food for thought
BINGO!! Hence why I bought my 400HO.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My understanding is the 14's has a much better chance to cut/pinch the sidewall area. This is due to having less height in the sidewall than a 12.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thanks for info

I'll keep my fingers crossed.. still running stock tires on my 700 over 9 years now

Edit: I have a feeling my thought of agressive riding is far less than what many put their machines through. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts