Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a difference between quantity and quality. Based on what you've submitted, I give your opinion very little credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will "fit in well here" then, nobody wants to hear anything but how awesome Polaris is no matter what, fact of the matter they have a lot of places to improve..just like most manufacturers, difference is other forums don't have as many brain washed members that have a the mentality a lot of fools on here have "Polaris or die"

You done yet?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I own a 550 Touring and think the power is "alright" for 2-up riding and plenty for 1-up riding.

On gravel with stock tires I would cruise around 75km/h on gravel with me, my wife and son on the bike. Between us 3 and gear the bike had atleast 600lbs on it.

I've drag raced a 550 Grizzly and my quad pulls harder, with a higher top speed. My brothers Foreman 500 has nothing on me, and when riding 2-up.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
There is a difference between quantity and quality. Based on what you've submitted, I give your opinion very little credibility.

You will "fit in well here" then, nobody wants to hear anything but how awesome Polaris is no matter what, fact of the matter they have a lot of places to improve..just like most manufacturers, difference is other forums don't have as many brain washed members that have a the mentality a lot of fools on here have "Polaris or die"

You done yet?

Done with what? Stating facts?

Hey you went for a test right, you were impressed...just like anybody testing riding or driving anything is be it a car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, mattress, etc...

and then you get to live with it. Luckily it's the wifes bike (as the one we have will end up), would almost bet you spend ample seat time on it you'll understand what I'm saying if you ride a multitude of terrain like we do around here and not groomed trails like it seems many sheep in here ride..I only got 100miles or so on the odometer and I was bored with it by 20. Anybody that is "impressed" with the 550's power, is obviously a member of AARP, guess that is really all I'm saying.

You asked a ?, I replied; and like some member on here it wasn't the exact answer you wanted to hear or other's are programmed to say, so you go and get all butt hurt about it LOL. like I said, you'll fit in just fine around here, your already "in line" so to speak.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Would b a good comfy nice steering quad for the wife IMO. I do agree with ihi though...power is not there whatsoever (heavy and limited hp...sounds like a bucket of bolts running also)...but for what u r wanting it for, it should fit the bill for a good price to boot

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Would b a good comfy nice steering quad for the wife IMO. I do agree with ihi though...power is not there whatsoever (heavy and limited hp...sounds like a bucket of bolts running also)...but for what u r wanting it for, it should fit the bill for a good price to boot
Bucket of bolts is right. Was on break last week and another former xp owner and i were talking about how they sound like theyre in the midst of blowing up...and its normal. Couple other guys not into quads said it cant be that bad...so i played them a vid i had and they started laughing at how awful it sounds. Thats the only good thing i found with the big gun exhaust i put on...noisey like a harley so it masks how clunkey and clattery it is lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Please delete this thread as its been hijacked and not providing constructive accurate information. Thank you.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Please delete this thread as its been hijacked and not providing constructive accurate information. Thank you.

Plenty of constructive and accurate information...just not what you want to hear.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

Plenty of constructive and accurate information...just not what you want to hear.
Not hardly a word that comes out of your mouth is constructive. If you dislike this 550 so much, why not sell it an get what you want? I get sick and tired of hearing someone always whining and complaining.

But I guess you would have nothing to yap about it you sold the 550

·
Banned
2,338 Posts

Not hardly a word that comes out of your mouth is constructive. If you dislike this 550 so much, why not sell it an get what you want? I get sick and tired of hearing someone always whining and complaining.

Not going to piss 40% of value away in the short time ive owned it. Bought it for $8 and would be lucky to get $4600 for it around here even with no miles or hours on it since thats all they go for used. Dealer offer me $3500 less than i paid a month after i bought it. So ill keep being unhappy about it and you can keep following me around leg humpin me like a lil lap dog....or until you figure out how to use the ignore feature :)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

Not going to piss 40% of value away in the short time ive owned it. Bought it for $8 and would be lucky to get $4600 for it around here even with no miles or hours on it since thats all they go for used. Dealer offer me $3500 less than i paid a month after i bought it. So ill keep being unhappy about it and you can keep following me around leg humpin me like a lil lap dog....or until you figure out how to use the ignore feature :)

Leg humping........you are giving yourself way too much credit. An educated buyer is a smart buyer. An educated buyer is a fool.

Which are you?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts

Leg humping........you are giving yourself way too much credit. An educated buyer is a smart buyer. An educated buyer is a fool.

Which are you?

Da phuck you say? Lol
rest my case

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2011 550EPS. Pearl white LE .

Great machine, lots of power for the woods, trails and sometimes use carrying survey equipment. 3600 kms.

Love it

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOW! It's getting pretty deep in here. I have an 850xp and I am kicking around getting another bike, I have thought about the 550 for wife as well, or maybe a 500. If I can find another 850 for a good price I will probably jump on it. I can not say anything good or bad about the 550. If it is for your wife, I think it will have the comfort and plenty of power for most woman's style of riding!

Good luck on your decision, I recommend you go through a private party, you will save thousands! Also you may want to look at the 570 with power steering, nice machine!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can't figure out why you would have bought a 550 in the first place. With your superior intellect you should have known it wasn't going to compete with a 1000 cc. I have seen your videos and heard all the bragging about your skills, but all I have ever seen is a guy driving around the yard. Even had to take the front box off to do a wheely. Should maybe check with another dealer. Maybe this one is sick of your whining and know it all attitude. He not likely needs a customer like you.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Can't figure out why you would have bought a 550 in the first place. With your superior intellect you should have known it wasn't going to compete with a 1000 cc. I have seen your videos and heard all the bragging about your skills, but all I have ever seen is a guy driving around the yard. Even had to take the front box off to do a wheely. Should maybe check with another dealer. Maybe this one is sick of your whining and know it all attitude. He not likely needs a customer like you.
Just got a go pro finally end of last month so now if and when i get a chance to ride i can get some video...but its been almost two months since i threw a leg over for a real ride due to family and work obligations...one of the reasons i sold my harley- aint got time for myself with kid playing two travel sports plus school sports, working third shift and still piddling with construction during the day.

Just so you know the whole story (which wont matter since it wont fit your shit talking agenda) but it was a seperate dealer closer to home i tried to talk trade with and my first visit there, so he dont know how unhappy am i with it other than me saying id like to step up in power.

Then when i do go riding, alot of the time i have my 4yr old on the back seat so kinda hard to ride like a fool when you have somebodies safety on your mind...but i do that so i can do something as a family...rare i get the time or buddies get time aligned to go riding...hence having the machine all summer and just over 100miles on the odometer and havent hit the hr mark for service yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We bought an 850 for the wife. Not really planned, but it was a good price because it was a Demo. 40 miles on it. 2013 and belonged to the Dealers Father who passed away. the wife LOVES it !!! it fits her to a T. narrow seat is what she loves the most. EPS is a dream. Power makes you smile every time you mash the throttle. Clutching is very soft, too much for my liking, but shes loves it. very smooth and easy to ride over rough terrain. Also very very stable and corners so flat its like a sport quad.
Im sure the 550 would ride the same with just a little less power.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Anyways been looking for a quad for my wife who is familiar with quadding and likes to get out but not all the time.

So is this particular machine a good lady's machine?

My wifie has a 550 Touring XP and she loves it!! IMHO...the 550 is a good machine for all that like to ride. It can do it all...

Good luck...

biz
:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
i bought a 2009 550 with power steering over a year ago with about 4000 miles on it one way bearing on drive clutch was seized and had a bad rear cv shaft joint but got a real deal on it so i took it. replaced drive clutch and rear cv shafts and road it all summer 1500 miles i am more than happy with the power and the ride compared to the 1999 Kawaski full time 4x4 standard shift i had is no comparison. i would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a wheeler only advise i was given and would highly recommend is if you get in a hard spot shift to low range.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts