Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a 2006 Sportsman 700EFI and am thinking about getting new XP. I know the 850 will kill my 700 but how about the 550? I have not decided it I want the 850 or 550. I really do not need more power then the 700 I have but I do not want to go down in power either. Anyone have any comparisons between the 700EFI and new 550XP?

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
My Brother has a Arctic Cat 650 V2 and I'm not having any problems keepin' up

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome aboard, and what part of WA are you from??

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Dang your not a State Trooper are you!:stooges:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1200bruce, what are the front trunk locks in you signature?

·
Registered
527 Posts
The 700 is 42 to 45 hp where the 550 is 42 hp. It would be very close I would say the 700 will have the torque advantage but on top end which ever is tuned better would be faster. I would say both machines have to be real close.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Info DDD. and Mechell now all I have to do is convince the wife I need a new XP and pick one 550 or 850. I am afraid it I get the 550 I will always wonder if I should have went for the 850.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I tend to look at this way, as long as I can control my right thumb, then it is probably best to go ahead with what ever the top offering is, that way I am not disapointed or regret not getting the bigger motors. Typically its cheaper in the long run too. There is really no way to get 850 power out of the 550, and to get even close you will spend twice what the 850 option would have cost in the first place.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll agree with CC, I'm finding out theres alot more Modification you can do with the 850 XP, as well as stock differences 550 XP has only one disc brake for the rear axle and a nice exhaust and if you like bigger tires, go with the 850 XP. I do have a 550 XP and its great for the things I like to do, just depends on how extreme you want to go

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
No different in my profession with nurses that use drugs! Except if at work high, they could kill you with a mistake!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks for the Info DDD. and Mechell now all I have to do is convince the wife I need a new XP and pick one 550 or 850. I am afraid it I get the 550 I will always wonder if I should have went for the 850.
My wife talked me into getting the 850 instead of the 550. Maybe she want's to get rid of me quicker! :eclipsee:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish

I wish my wife would talk me into the 850XP or for that matter any XP!!!::D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am pretty sure the resale will be better on the 850 than the 550 in the future.
You will like either.... the 850 sounds very good with the stock exhaust .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts