Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all with worries about the 570 battery being out in the open, here are photos of how it truly is out of the way. I did a weekend trip of mud, clay, mud and puddles. The battery was probably the only thing not covered in mud.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice, looks like you had fun. I was thinking that battery was in a bad spot but maybe not so bad after all.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That's good to know! Inside the rear wheel well on my 500 the battery is caked with mud after a ride and I've never had an issue. The only thing about the location on the 570 that made me wonder is submersion under water since it's much lower. Apparently that is not an issue!

Didn't realize the 570s were coming with unsealed batteries?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
On the X2 the battery is up front like that except it sits up a little higher. Its been through all kind of stuff without issue. ( dialectric grease is your friend.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
The battery was a concern when it is tightly packed with snow. I wondered if that was why mine shut off while riding or if it is truly the rubber key chain from dealership. The raptor is sweet work of art by SVT. For me the only downfall is 6.2= lots of gas. Hope u dont use it to commute far. Sweet set up between the two.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My battery is always fairly clean even when my bike is filthy.. Might just be a good spot. My brothers 500 ho battery is always covered in mud!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery was a concern when it is tightly packed with snow. I wondered if that was why mine shut off while riding or if it is truly the rubber key chain from dealership. The raptor is sweet work of art by SVT. For me the only downfall is 6.2= lots of gas. Hope u dont use it to commute far. Sweet set up between the two.
Thanks. Had my truck almost 4 years now and it's an absolute blast. But a gas hog no doubt. I love the match combo between the raptor an polaris.

I had that issue with the keychain turning the quad off especially on steep hills with turns.

·
Registered
108 Posts
any reason i cant see the pictures?

·
Registered
108 Posts
put on 15 hours this winter in the U.p. we get tons of snow from lake effect seeing how we are surrounded by superior on three sides (hence the name upper penninsula) and the cleaning least icy part on my quad so fareach time i get back is the battery. it seems like a good place to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts