Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sprotsman you da man!!!! That is very cool!!!
Yeah it looks well made(in USA). But I’ve had zero battery issues and not needed. If I did, I like this better than over rear tire, on one side and probably getting at least as much mud or water as original location!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah I’m ok with where battery is but this does seem like best place to relocate if that’s what you want. I do like the added air-flow. They should make a new air box just for this reason alone!
8FC4D609-77F4-4373-A5DB-B9EDD746F49D.jpeg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Original battery behind seat. I have another battery in stock location. Running 2 batteries for 4000lb winch I'm installing.
Plus when I use my 26 gallon sprayer I can get to the battery easy. And also use jumper cables for jumping other bikes off without getting burnt by exhaust.
I like the location you picked BUT I would not recomend a lead acid battery tilted like that...the plates inside would not be covered at the top with acid like they should. Will defenetly shorten it's life...a AGM on the other hand would work fine on that angle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. My first time posting. I totally agree with the relocation of the battery on my 2016 570. I took it out ice fishing and my battery froze. I was getting error messages and I could not jump it. Thankfully a fellow angler saw me and stopped. We took the battery out and left it in his hut for an hour and the re installed and she fired up.

Long storey short. Can you use the existing wires there to bring it to the back or do I have to buy the relocation kit. Or can I just buy any wire ( what guage are the wires?) and bring it to the back of my 2 up seat. This way it will be out of the elements and not freeze up again.
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you use the existing wires there to bring it to the back or do I have to buy the relocation kit. Or can I just buy any wire ( what guage are the wires?) and bring it to the back of my 2 up seat. This way it will be out of the elements and not freeze up again.
Thanks again everyone!
Per the ebay post:
If you choose to eliminate your stock battery and battery mounting location, you will need to purchase 3 items that are not included with this sale. A new battery, Yuasa YTZ10S or equivalent. Battery cables, about 4 ft long with 1/4” lugs. Junction block power post set or terminal block with 1/4” studs.

I sent the seller a message about water proofing and if they sell the battery posts and wire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I already have the box, new filter, and wiring. They recommended using 4 gauge wire. I bought mine over Ebay from KnuKonceptz. I'm still deciding lithium or not. I plan to eliminate the posts and run the wire direct. The box comes with two kinds, one wide open, the other sealed and cut for the factory snorkel.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts