Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here is some info I found on clutch kits for the 570. It might help some who we're asking the differences between ebs and non ebs, the first part is a basic rundown from the Dalton website.

The Sportsman 570 is an impressive value model and is available in many different configurations. Not only power steering options and accessories, but also different versions of clutches. The standard Sportsman 570 has the earlier style non engine brake clutches. Some models are also available with EBS (engine braking). The EBS versions have a new, different secondary clutch, as well as a different primary. We offer different clutch tuning options based on model and application. Clutch kits improve bottom and mid acceleration, as well as improved backshifting of the belt when the vehicle comes under load. Clutch re-calibration helps recover much of the losses incurred from adding oversized tires, as well as improved belt life.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also some more tips........

For Standard (Non EBS)

The Standard Non-EBS version is well calibrated for stock 25" tires and no clutch re-calibration is necessary. The older adjustable torsion style secondary clutch allows for a bit of flexibility. For oversized tires in this application we have two different cost effective kits.

For Engine Brake (EBS models)
For the engine braking vesrions, or EBS models, there are also different versions of calibration kits based on the tire size and application. Dalton kits for the EBS models include our patented "Quick Adjust" flyweight system. With these flyweights you can add or subtract mass from the flyweights without even removing the flyweights from the clutch. This means quick adjustments for fine tuning or quicker seasonal adjustments for tire sizes, etc. Kits come with a comprehensive "set up guide" for different applications.

This 570 version has different clutches than some other previous Polaris EBS "kits" previously offered for conversions. These clutch re-calibration packages are only for the factory EBS clutches (with TEAM secondary) that come on the 2014 570.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
3HP gain at the wheels with stock tires. EBS or not. The weights are not adjustable, but unless you are making constant changes to your tire size or doing some sort of competitive racing it's really a waste of money on the adjustable weights. The QSC kits come with new primary spring, weights, and secondary spring. Retail on them is $219

·
Registered
815 Posts
Do you need a tester!? I'll give a full write up and everything lol

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3HP gain at the wheels with stock tires. EBS or not. The weights are not adjustable, but unless you are making constant changes to your tire size or doing some sort of competitive racing it's really a waste of money on the adjustable weights. The QSC kits come with new primary spring, weights, and secondary spring. Retail on them is $219
Thanks for the info, that's very interesting. So how much a gain we talking vs stock say in a drag, 2 quad lengths? Do you know how much the engagement point is raised rpm wise? I like the sounds of this.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Engagement is adjustable with the option of adding 1-2 shims behind the primary spring to add a little pressure to the spring at start. Can be adjusted from 1600-2200 in 200rpm increments. All approximately of course, as the spring rates vary slightly in the manufacturing process. All things equal, typical gains are 2-3 machine lengths in 100 yards on otherwise stock to stock machines. Varies from model to model and rider to rider a bit. Noticeable increases in low end and mid range power, and no loss to top end.

Whtrapta- they are in stock, and ready to ship today, and you have a 14 day, no questions asked return on it if you're not happy. Just pay the return shipping. How can you go wrong with that kind of testing option?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really like the sounds of this kit. Sounds like the best bang for your buck performance mod there is, and with the 570 being spunky already stock, making it that much more fun to ride.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
On most machines, clutching for your use and mods is the best bang for the buck by far. From the factory they are built with a lot of flexibility in mind for any one that might use it for anything they can think of. So they work ok in all situations, but not everyone use their machine the same, stock or not. So by customizing a clutch kit for your use you can maximize the ability of the machine for what you do with it. Many times making improvements in other areas at the same time. But with any CVT system there is give and take to the mods in most cases. Most guys are looking for more bottom and mid range power and are willing to give up a little on top to get it. The QSC kits are all custom assembled for you and give almost no top end at all (1mph typically) on a stock machine, and will not take any more away with bigger tires than you already lose from the tires.

There is only so much HP available in any ATV, and getting as much of it to the wheels as possible is what gives you the best performance and belt life. That's what QSC excels at the most.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well crap...
give me a few weeks and i'll place my order. You sold me

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hi, please take a minute and introduce yourself!. Let us know where you from, what Polaris ATV or SideXSide you have, and where you ride.
Ive got one in my 850 and love it!! Well worth the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I also have a qsc. You don't realize how much power you lose when you upgrade tires, until you have it all back!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Would this kit help in sand dunes? As far as ability to hold higher speeds in the flats and climb easier? Nothing crazy big, just waynoka sand.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Works really well in the snow, keeps rpm in the sweet spot, never seems doggie before clutch back shifts I really like mine.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What about installation, can a newbie do it? Any special tools needed?
Its very easy on the 850. Not sure about on others. Think its about the same. U can make the tools u need. Look on YouTube for a very good video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I imagine the install would be much like the install on a 500. So just youtube Sportsman 500 clutch install.

The issue I was having BEFORE the kit was that in heavy mud I had to rev the machine significantly higher for the wheels to spin. If I went 1/4 throttle the tires would be barely moving.

After the clutch its completely different. 1/4 throttle has them spinning.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts