Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I may be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. The HD Model is 2wd only.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. The HD Model is 2wd only.
Nope, it's AWD. It has some standard accessories the EPS doesn't have, but I can't find any info on what HD really means. atvrider.com buyer's guide states "heavy duty driveline" with no details and I'm somewhat skeptical there's really a difference. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is anything actually more "heavy duty", or is it just more standard accessories.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the HD comes with a Polaris 2500 HD winch as part of the standard equipment package.
Nope, just the mount and wiring. This is from the atvrider.com buyer's guide: "If you’re looking for a workhorse, the 570 EPS Utility includes a switchable rear power port, factory-installed winch, and plow plates, and it’s prewired for a winch and hand warmers. For slightly more coin, step up to the Sportsman 570 Utility HD with front and rear metal utility racks, rear power plug, a utility front bumper with hitch, heavy-duty driveline, easy effort throttle with drive modes, geofencing, and a speed limiter." I'm trying to figure out if anything about the machine is actually "heavy duty" or if it's just marketing claptrap.

·
Super Moderator
15,600 Posts
I'd suspect the HD driveline means its got the larger sized u-joints like some of the big bore machines and RZR
Its basically different options packages.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm getting the HD. It has several features I like and one was in stock locally (the only 570 they had!). The parts manager "believes" it has uprated axles and bearings, but he wasn't even 100%. It was still in the crate so I haven't even seen it yet. Should be ready next week. I think it will be a tiny bit of an upgrade from the Xplorer! But the Xplorer has been awesome and been pounded to p*ss and still going strong. I'll keep it for when the nephews visit the cabin.

·
Super Moderator
15,600 Posts
Yeah, hadn't thought about Polaris' new HD bearings. They are sealed and should be much more durable than the old OEMs. Heavier axles would be a plus too.
Congrats on the new machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts