Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I am not sure where it is coming from.

About 10 Mi. on it, have been running it in mostly subzero weather.

I have not taken any plastic off yet, engine seems to be dry coolant is dripping from behind the engine, witch seems strange.

I am waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can investigate. I am pretty sure it isn't serious left a puddle about 4" sq. in a week. overflow bottle is still full.

Anyone find any leaks yet? I searched and didn't see anything.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I wouldn't even spend 5 min investigating it if it's still under warranty. Bring it by the dealer and have them take a quick look. Might be nothing, but worth them checking it to cover you butt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was worried about such a problem, can I take it to any Polaris dealer?

I bought it from one that is not real close. The price was way better.

I was hoping I wouldn't need service so soon., feel bad making a local dealership deal with my machine.

I know they get paid the same. but it is the principle, any dealer people have any insight?

·
Registered
108 Posts
my coolant bottle was below the add mark, put more (just barely above the add mark) and it was low the next day.. but it had stayed the same level since.. maybe some air in radiator or something.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
my coolant bottle was below the add mark, put more (just barely above the add mark) and it was low the next day.. but it had stayed the same level since.. maybe some air in radiator or something.
Different problem. He's leaking enough to make a puddle yours just burped.
At 10 hours it's a warranty issue. Take it in and get it checked out by Polaris.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah i know( i was saying i think air was in the radiator for me)
but anyways.
check your bottom radiator hose clamp, could have slipped back enough to leak.
did it on my car and i couldnt find out what it was FOREVER

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it! Hose clamp right behind the belt guard area was wet, got about 3 turns on it easy.

I was going to take it to the dealer but didn't want to trailer it, drop it, wait, and pick it back up for something easy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Found it! Hose clamp right behind the belt guard area was wet, got about 3 turns on it easy.

I was going to take it to the dealer but didn't want to trailer it, drop it, wait, and pick it back up for something easy.
a little investigating saves alot of hassle.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Glad you sourced your issue..... did you check the other 3 hole clamp connections while you were at it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new to this board, just wanted to chime in and say I have a brand new 570. Not even 1 tank of gas through it. Had a leak on the top rad hose gear clamp where the hose goes into the engine. Once the machine warms up it gets a pretty good puddle of coolant directly under the machine. A little disappointed that the dealer wasn't a little more thorough when they did the Pdi.

Same as "330tb" I didn't want to go through the hassle of driving to the dealer for something simple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: my hose leak was the same as the post above. I seem to still have a leak. will be taking in soon, it seems maybe from the water pump area.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine was leaking at the thermostat goose neck. Loose hose clamp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, haven't had a ton of time to take it in but went into the shed today and noticed a one foot circle wet spot on the concrete. Couldn't take it anymore! pulled the right side panel and started looking a little closer. The damn head gasket is leaking out the front side!

I just wonder how long it is going to take them to get that fixed, I purchased it from a dealer quite a ways away, I am going to take it to the local here. anyone have another dealer do there service and get grief? :ponder:

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Some will give you grief and attitude for not buying there. You may go to the back of the line while they take care of "their" customers. But they are getting paid to fix it and a good dealer will do so.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Often times the dealers will overfill the reserve coolant tank in an effort to keep the coolant high rather than too low and then when the machine warms up the first time you ride it a small amount of extra will dribble out the overflow hose. If its dripping behind the engine check to see if your overflow is routed to the back if not than I would have the dealer inspect it. Mine dripped a bit from the reserve when I bought it and it hasn't since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, took the machine into the local dealer. I did not purchase the machine there but I am not sure he even was sure of that. here is how my experience went:

Stood waiting for the service writer to get off the phone, BS'ed with a gentleman waiting to settle up on his motorcycle. was dropped off Monday with no appointment for it's big service.(not exactly sure what was done but was maintenance and was $400+ dollars. it was his turn, he paid and went on his way.

I get to the counter, told the service writer I was going to drop off my machine to get the head gasket looked at told him it should be under warranty unit was purchased in February. No BS this is how the conversation went:

him: " it might be under warranty, I would need to double check."

me: "ok"

him: "is that the only thing you need taken care of?"

me: "yes, unless you find something else that needs to be addressed."

him: " it will be at least 2 1/2 weeks before we can look at it, do you still want to leave it?"

I walked out the f-ing door. before I release the name of this dealer I am going to see in the morning if they have time to get a machine in for a full 200hr service, by Saturday. If they do I will be posting my experience more places than just here. Also will be having a conversation with the service manager.

I am in charge of field service guys for a heavy equipment dealer, deal with warranty all of the time. sometimes it sucks but the most important part of being in sales and being successful at it is the support after the sale. This greasy longhaired 20 something never took my name or even looked at my machine, he had no idea where I bought it from.

I guess I am just a bit disappointed and am glad I didn't purchase the machine there. I did buy a motorcycle from them and parts for multiple machines. I will be taking to another dealer that I have had great experience with 2.5X as far away but they will take care of me at least. If my suspicions are correct I will never recommend or purchase anything there again even if it means waiting a few days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts