Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FIN on my 570 texted me the other day to tell me the battery was getting low. Went out to the pole barn to hook up the battery tender. For some reason, I decided to take the seat off. As I lifted it up, 1 adult mouse and at least 3 juveniles dropped out from inside the seat. Some of the foam and leather were chewed away and there was some other nesting material inside. Shook and pounded on the seat a few times to dislodge any remaining squatters.

I then decided to open up the air box. Another mouse nest with the filter bag destroyed and I'm sure the filter as well. Suffice to say, I was not amused. Four pounds of rat poison courtesy of Amazon arrived yesterday and will be liberally distributed around the pole barn.

Reactions: pcaster

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it still start and run? Damn rodents can really mess a vehicle up.
Haven't tried it. With the air filter compromised, I don't want anything sucked into the engine. New filter and sleeve will arrive today. I'll get the old ones out, and vacuum the air box then replace the filter before trying to fire it up. Might be a job for tomorrow as I'm in the middle of my second double shift in a row.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Best course of action I’ve found is many many peanut butter baited snap traps. Checked and reloaded no more than every 2 days.
10-4 on the peanut butter loaded mouse traps 24-7 365..

Reactions: MrEd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts