Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade from my 2012 500HO.

Thoughts? Only use it for trail riding btw mostly in the winter, but possibly plowing in the future.

·
Registered
130 Posts
All I can say is that I very happy with my 570. Plenty of power, extremely comfortable ride, flawless AWD and yes it starts and runs just fine, even in the cold. No issues whatsoever; I would buy again! Don't let the few whiners discourage you, the 570 is a solid machine. I'm still not convinced a large percent of 570 complaints are not related to operator error or operator induced. I'm sure there have been a few problems unrelated to the owner, it's not invincible, but if you use it as intended it will you'll be pleased. I'm sure the same could be said for the 550.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I too would go for the 570. Its a newer motor that uses all the current design improvements (dual overhead cams, direct injection, a cvt that actually works) Its very impressive.
I too have never had the cold start issue even when it drops below 0

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not asking for the decision to be made for me. Im looking for Pros and Cons of each?, whats better on one than the other?, is one easier on maintenance than the other? Do you prefer the racks one on or the other?, does one fit into the bed of your truck better than the other? Does something need improved on one or the other, or both!? Etc, etc, etc.

I've got the 500, i know that body style, i know the maintenance. I know nothing about the 550.

Compare and contrast them fellas!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Do a search there is a thread that is about 8 pages long on this very subject from a month or two ago.

Imo i would keep your 500. It will be somewhat "comparable" to both the 550 and 570 in terms of power and feel. And chances are the 500 will outlast both of the newer machines.

If you really want to "upgrade" anything short of the 850 will feel much like the 500 you already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts