Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the 570 owners out there, I know the engine is not a first year release but the bike in general is.
I'm just wondering does anyone have any regrets? If you had your time back would you have gotten the 550 instead? Touring or 1 up?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Just my subjective opinions on the bullets below… ride yourself and decide

This will certainly ruffle some feathers… again..just my opinion…

Things I like about my 550

• Painted finish
• ADC
• Nicer wheels
• Instrument panel
• Nicer ride / better handling in the corners
• Plastic panel fit
• Higher ground clearance
• Larger fuel tank
• Standard EPS
• Looks a little easier to install winch
• Fuel filler location / I never see this discussed but like being able to keep can on front rack when filling
• Higher towing capacity
• Standard EBS
• Higher ground clearance
• Higher front/rear rack load capacity
• Standard 3 light high beams
• Narrower seat
• Better fuel economy
• Better battery placement

...that being said a stock 550 is not likely to win any races with a 570 but acceleration is not one of my high priorities when I am out and about and getting away from it all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^^^ I agree. Very happy with my 550. Ride quality is great. I can ride all day with out getting tired. Power..... Is adequate. If I would go bigger it would be the 850 XP. Now if Polaris does come out with a 1000 sportsman, then that will be my next bike (lol)

·
Registered
117 Posts
If money was no object I probably would of went with a 550 X2 . Like Treacherous listed , a lot of good benefits with the XP line, EPS EBS ADC all standard. That being said I am very happy with my 570 so far and at about 2k (or more) less than the XP line I don't think you can beat it. no regrets with my 570. I knew I couldn't get the 550 so I didn't even tempt myself lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the comments guys, keep em coming.:trink4:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I love my 550. Honestly I don't really want any other bike. I feel the power is fine. I've never not been able to spin my tires or tap into all of it. It's super comfortable and I like the big size atv and the narrow seat feels like a motorcycle vs a horse for the value line. No regrets with the 550 other than mine doesn't have eps

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's not as simple as well this has that and the other doesn't kind of deal. These two quads are so different it's crazy. They both say polaris and that's about it. Just they way they feel riding is totally different. Not seat width or power, it's something indescribable. A back to back ride on both make that very clear. That's the only way to decide.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I see it this way, if you have the budjet go with the 550, if not go with the 570. Both have advantages and disadvantages over the other. Make your mind quick as the general opinion is that the 550 will be stopped from production. wich sucks.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
A back to back ride on both make that very clear. That's the only way to decide.
I totally agree that OP needs to test ride both... I was just throwing out my opinion. The ADC alone might steer someone to a 570. A lot of people hate ADC but for my riding it works well and is safer for the wife on the downhills. It has actually helped build her confidence on the steeper stuff and she likes the narrower seat as well.

My pros are very well cons for others. I'm glad we have lots of options.

If 550 is going away there could be some end of year closeout savings there...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will mention since nobody has yet that you can get a nearly new but used 550 for a song. There aren't many used 570's out there yet. Used I'd go with a maybe 11 or 12 550 and new I'd go with a 570. So many ultra low mile 550's out there barely driven sitting in garages for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Test ride them both! I had room in my budget for either one, but when I test rode them, I like the 570 better. I didnt want EPS, EBS, or ADC.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I will mention since nobody has yet that you can get a nearly new but used 550 for a song. There aren't many used 570's out there yet. Used I'd go with a maybe 11 or 12 550 and new I'd go with a 570. So many ultra low mile 550's out there barely driven sitting in garages for sale.
Interesting to hear about availability in different parts of the country. Not a lot of quads of any brand on the market in my area and anything usually commands a high blue book premium price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's not as simple as well this has that and the other doesn't kind of deal. These two quads are so different it's crazy. They both say polaris and that's about it. Just they way they feel riding is totally different. Not seat width or power, it's something indescribable. A back to back ride on both make that very clear. That's the only way to decide.
The problem with this is that the closet dealer is in the middle of the city and won't let you do a test ride and apparently they have no demo's!!
I may have to drive 3 hours to the next dealer.

I see it this way, if you have the budjet go with the 550, if not go with the 570. Both have advantages and disadvantages over the other. Make your mind quick as the general opinion is that the 550 will be stopped from production. wich sucks.
I asked my dealer about this and he said that the 570 replaced the 500 and that the 550 was staying. Thats what he said, don't quote me,:unknw:

[quote
I totally agree that OP needs to test ride both... I was just throwing out my opinion. The ADC alone might steer someone to a 570. A lot of people hate ADC but for my riding it works well and is safer for the wife on the downhills. It has actually helped build her confidence on the steeper stuff and she likes the narrower seat as well.
[/QUOTE]
The ADC on the 550 can turn on and off. So I don't see a big disadvantage to it. If you don't like it then turn it off I figure.

I've been searching for a left over 2013 550, or a used 2012 550 or even 850 for the right price but it is very hard to find around here. There have been a few 500's lately!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Interesting to hear about availability in different parts of the country. Not a lot of quads of any brand on the market in my area and anything usually commands a high blue book premium price.

I've been searching for a left over 2013 550, or a used 2012 550 or even 850 for the right price but it is very hard to find around here. There have been a few 500's lately!![/QUOTE]

We go in fits and spurts...around hunting season there was a huge uptick of them that hunters keep for a year or two and now there's a bunch of them as well on the market. Not a ton of 850's but a lot of 550's. The 850's seem to stay expensive but the 550's to me seem to be more fairly priced. Don't forget Polaris is in MN and they are everywhere around here so it makes sense that we have a bunch. I called on a few and they were actually Polaris employees who get varying good deals on them depending on their employment situation. I see some that were bought only to tow their ice houses out onto the lake as well and other very low use reasons.

Good deals on wheelers here last a day around here and they are gone.
When I bought my Touring, I saw it within an hour of it getting posted, I left work drove about 90 minutes to look at it and bought it..then came back with my trailer the next day to get it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not one regret I love being able to ad my own accessories and wheels because I find I have better taste I also like knowing that I have an extra $3500 to play around with for stuff unlike the 550 where you actually get a smaller machine for more cash and I know it has EBS, ADC and EPS but I personally don't care much about EPS if anything its just another thing to fix and get in the way, your also not getting much of a workout and lastly you can buy a lot of brake pads for $3500 since the 570 doesn't have EBS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts