Polaris ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
I see this thread getting locked again due to a certain individual.
Not necessarily yet. If we all quit giving him the attention he craves, he will get bored and go play in somebody else's sandbox. Those of us who have raised children have seen this pattern before.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If the complaints were coming from someone who actually OWNED a 570 or 850, they might be worth listening to. But he doesn't own either... he purely bases his opinion off this forum

I have had 0 issues with my 850. And I would love to pick up a touring 570.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get the 570. Do some searching on here, the 850 has been a headache/money pit for many.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
i see william is still here whining about polaris too. i thought you were leaving polaris to buy a can am since last year william???
Posts like this from people like you are why I rarely visit this site anymore.

so the guy tells it like it is and gets jumped on.. the ill advice would have been recommending it! this may be a Polaris forum, but that doesn't mean its gonna be all roses and everybody kissing polaris' butt.

ive seen your posts William about possibly getting a can-am when you're done with your Polaris. my advice? steer clear of that company too! they are almost no better and from what ive heard if you ever get a trouble code you have to take it to the dealer to clear it! forget that

·
Registered
317 Posts
If the complaints were coming from someone who actually OWNED a 570 or 850, they might be worth listening to. But he doesn't own either... he purely bases his opinion off this forum

I have had 0 issues with my 850. And I would love to pick up a touring 570.
wrong bucko, I did own a 570, albeit briefly. poor quality battery and all.. didn't own it long enough for any other problems to crop up. and to say my advice is no good because I don't own them is bogus at best. I don't have to own one to know they are poor quality because I doubt everything ive read and heard is false which brings up another point people on here seem to miss: what about the people that DONT use this or other forums? most people couldn't be bothered with these sites, so you are only seeing a fraction of whats really going on. just what ive seen on this forum alone is enough to keep me from the 570 or 850 or any other Polaris for that matter

hopefully the OP has good luck with his machine, but the best thing to do is SEARCH and then create a topic if you didn't find your answers. something tells me he didn't do any other research besides what was said in this thread

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
So you never had any problems with your 570? But you still say it's a pile of crap?

You're messed up man....

·
Registered
317 Posts
So you never had any problems with your 570? But you still say it's a pile of crap?

You're messed up man....
I guess reading isn't your best skill? I said it had a poor quality battery, just like many others have experienced and if I had kept it I woulda had to replace it which is BS for a new machine. infact just about any problem is unacceptable to me on a new machine, especially when you hear they don't want to honor the warranty... and lets not even get started about its ridiculous location and how the drive shaft rubs against it!

I also said I didn't have it long enough (or ride it enough) to have any other issues. I did have it long enough to notice the rather poor fit and finish, which is a Polaris trait. oh before I forget it did shut off unexpectetly once or twice and it may have had a key chain (which really shouldn't matter!) also if you could read, I never called my 570 a "pile of crap" I liked the way it ran and of course it rode great like all polaris' do, I merely said that I didn't have it long.

performance and innovation doesn't matter much if half the time you are dealing with niggling issues and on top of that they have features that are appealing to new riders, but not very appealing to somebody that knows better. like the single lever brakes. id hate to be rolling back down a hill for whatever reason and not be able to use just front brakes, kinda dangerous if you ask me. they have never really improved on their cvt design and are still one of the top belt eaters comparably. Suzuki and Yamaha have the most reliable and best working design. now lets talk about the 4wd system. it works great for most situations, but id much rather decide when my 4wd kicks in then the machine deciding for me, plus when going downhill you only get rear wheel engine braking which is sketchy. Polaris makes a "bandaid" called active decent control which not only has had problems and is just another thing to break, but you have to remember to use it. real brilliant system! another Polaris trait on most of the machines is the poor metal/paint they use, especially on the exhausts. if you don't coat them they will rust no matter if you keep it inside or not and makes a newer machine look old. they squeak and rattle from new. they are overly heavy, but yet the XP chassis still breaks. I can go on and on

also to conclude, when my father and I used to work on machines on the side POLARIS was the name we saw most, no kidding! we had one guy that bought and sold quads and he would bring machines in for repair and they were ALL POLARIS... so yes I have experience as well as what I read. doesn't take a rocket scientist

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
F-u-n-i-e !!!
Just so you know - I drink Polaris koolaide at every meal. What's your favorite drink?

·
Registered
317 Posts
F-u-n-i-e !!!
Just so you know - I drink Polaris koolaide at every meal. What's your favorite drink?
if Polaris actually had a drink im sure most of you would be drinking it lol. knowing Polaris though they'd probably have to come up with a different way for the cap to come off or something.. you know, just to be innovative

·
Registered
426 Posts
Soooo....the OP got a 570 and I wish him the best of luck. I really like my 570.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Op. Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure it will do you well.

I don't understand all the negativity...I've owned three Polaris vehicles the last 3 years...didn't have major issues with any of them. The 850xp needed ball joints and bushings replaced at 1000 miles...it is what it is...they are a known weak point.

Buddy's grizzly had 2700 miles on the same trails and same speed and his is tight as a tick on a dog...no slop whatsoever...but His machine was slower and less comfy to ride...they all have weak points and strong points. Just do your research and pick which one fits what U want to do with it and HAVE FUN with it...no matter what brand u ride!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

You're messed up man....
I guess reading isn't your best skill? I said it had a poor quality battery, just like many others have experienced and if I had kept it I woulda had to replace it which is BS for a new machine. infact just about any problem is unacceptable to me on a new machine, especially when you hear they don't want to honor the warranty... and lets not even get started about its ridiculous location and how the drive shaft rubs against it!

I also said I didn't have it long enough (or ride it enough) to have any other issues. I did have it long enough to notice the rather poor fit and finish, which is a Polaris trait. oh before I forget it did shut off unexpectetly once or twice and it may have had a key chain (which really shouldn't matter!) also if you could read, I never called my 570 a "pile of crap" I liked the way it ran and of course it rode great like all polaris' do, I merely said that I didn't have it long.

performance and innovation doesn't matter much if half the time you are dealing with niggling issues and on top of that they have features that are appealing to new riders, but not very appealing to somebody that knows better. like the single lever brakes. id hate to be rolling back down a hill for whatever reason and not be able to use just front brakes, kinda dangerous if you ask me. they have never really improved on their cvt design and are still one of the top belt eaters comparably. Suzuki and Yamaha have the most reliable and best working design. now lets talk about the 4wd system. it works great for most situations, but id much rather decide when my 4wd kicks in then the machine deciding for me, plus when going downhill you only get rear wheel engine braking which is sketchy. Polaris makes a "bandaid" called active decent control which not only has had problems and is just another thing to break, but you have to remember to use it. real brilliant system! another Polaris trait on most of the machines is the poor metal/paint they use, especially on the exhausts. if you don't coat them they will rust no matter if you keep it inside or not and makes a newer machine look old. they squeak and rattle from new. they are overly heavy, but yet the XP chassis still breaks. I can go on and on

also to conclude, when my father and I used to work on machines on the side POLARIS was the name we saw most, no kidding! we had one guy that bought and sold quads and he would bring machines in for repair and they were ALL POLARIS... so yes I have experience as well as what I read. doesn't take a rocket scientist

Seeing all these issues, and you still bought one?

You sir are a complete idiot.

·
Registered
317 Posts

You're messed up man....

Seeing all these issues, and you still bought one?

You sir are a complete idiot.
id love for you to call me an idiot face to face. you sat there defending me in one thread, now you're going against me... and I was making the same argument. talk about an idiot..:frech:

yeah I guess you can say I was stupid for buying yet another Polaris even knowing what I know, but I had reasons for that that I don't care to discuss. in the future though I will not be buying another Polaris. there reputation for quality hasn't improved enough to be on par with the japs and now they're even cutting corners like the cheap latchless seat on the 570. what a joke. I guess they figured it would melt in place... also I remember when EBS was standard on all sportsman models until they cheaped out and made it a "option." they sell so well (not 10 to 1 well though!) because a lot of newbies buy them and don't know any better or do research and also because its a American company. as far as I know pearl harbor happened a long time ago and they are all making quads in america and giving jobs to americans. in other words, who cares what it says on the tank if the product is good. also how do you think Polaris is able to sell them so cheap? It aint because they are top shelf!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd be more than happy to call you an idiot to your face since I'm just over in Ohio, lol. So you had some Secret Squirrel reason for buying an ATV that you don't care to discuss? The more posts you make the more you're convincing the masses how much of an idiot you really are.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
oh so anybody that doesn't hump Polaris is wrong? who is to say your opinion is any better? Polaris has been number 1 for TWO decades???! id love to see you back up that foolish claim! id like to see some hard numbers on that one.. even if they are, id eat my hat if they actually sold 10 to 1 compared to even just Suzuki let alone the rest combined. that's the dumbest thing I ever read
each time you open your mouth, it's the dumbest thing i've read and just when i think you couldn't possibly say something even dumber, you come back and prove me wrong. you're apparently out of touch on where polaris has been in the industry for the last 20 years. they have been the innovator and a lot of the other brands have been following in their footsteps ever since. apparently you don't get out on the trail too much either. being from pa, there are plenty of big riding areas and atv related events. you'll come across more polaris than anything. you should take off your hat and start munching because other than honda, suzuki is the second least brand i see on the trails. if you doubt polaris' sales numbers compared to the others, use google, start reading and educate yourself on just how well they've been doing compared to the others over the years.

and im sick of repeating myself, but I never said the others don't or cant have issues, but from my experience as well as what I read online Polaris is far and away the least reliable. always have been and apparently if they haven't still figured it out, they always will be. show me one thread where a guy switched to a Polaris and i'll show you two that have jumped ship! i'll gladly take that challenge!
polaris is the least reliable? because of what you read online?? apparently you still don't get that there are more polaris atvs out there than any other which will net in more people having issues. i feel like i need to break out the crayons to explain this to you but you still probably wouldn't get it. as for the jumping ship challenge, i'll gladly take you up on that. the number of can am guys alone that i've seen jump ship to polaris outnumbers the amount of polaris owners i've seen jump ship to any other brand. pull your head out of the clouds because it's apparent that's where it is.

and bobby boy how did I know you wouldn't like doug meyer? lol! Honda wont give him test units anymore either because the guy tells it like it is whether it hurts feelings or not. is he the best information out there? I wouldn't go that far, but when he says polaris' have issues why shouldn't I believe him? hes far from the only guy to say that!
honda won't give him test units because he tells it like it is??? i thought you just got done telling me that honda is outselling everyone??? how could this be if hondas are a pile of crap?? this discredits your whole claim of what is best, who you use as a source and what has the most issues.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
im sorry if telling it like it is is "whining" to you... I just hate to see people support a company that doesn't support them back and makes a disposable product
telling it like it is and you're lame ass opinion are two different things. unfortunately you keep repetitively spewing the latter. it is very clear that you are very uneducated and use very weak sources to base your opinion from.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i see william is still here whining about polaris too. i thought you were leaving polaris to buy a can am since last year william???
Posts like this from people like you are why I rarely visit this site anymore.

so the guy tells it like it is and gets jumped on.. the ill advice would have been recommending it! this may be a Polaris forum, but that doesn't mean its gonna be all roses and everybody kissing polaris' butt.

ive seen your posts William about possibly getting a can-am when you're done with your Polaris. my advice? steer clear of that company too! they are almost no better and from what ive heard if you ever get a trouble code you have to take it to the dealer to clear it! forget that
william is just like you. he whines about machines he doesn't even own and bases his opinion on what he sees on the forum without taking into consideration that there are millions of satisfied polaris owners out there and that the number of polaris machines that are out there vastly outnumber the number of machines of the other manufacturers out there.

this is about the only thing i can agree with you on. i've seen more issues and poor designs with can ams than any other brand.

·
Registered
317 Posts
oh so anybody that doesn't hump Polaris is wrong? who is to say your opinion is any better? Polaris has been number 1 for TWO decades???! id love to see you back up that foolish claim! id like to see some hard numbers on that one.. even if they are, id eat my hat if they actually sold 10 to 1 compared to even just Suzuki let alone the rest combined. that's the dumbest thing I ever read
each time you open your mouth, it's the dumbest thing i've read and just when i think you couldn't possibly say something even dumber, you come back and prove me wrong. you're apparently out of touch on where polaris has been in the industry for the last 20 years. they have been the innovator and a lot of the other brands have been following in their footsteps ever since. apparently you don't get out on the trail too much either. being from pa, there are plenty of big riding areas and atv related events. you'll come across more polaris than anything. you should take off your hat and start munching because other than honda, suzuki is the second least brand i see on the trails. if you doubt polaris' sales numbers compared to the others, use google, start reading and educate yourself on just how well they've been doing compared to the others over the years.

and im sick of repeating myself, but I never said the others don't or cant have issues, but from my experience as well as what I read online Polaris is far and away the least reliable. always have been and apparently if they haven't still figured it out, they always will be. show me one thread where a guy switched to a Polaris and i'll show you two that have jumped ship! i'll gladly take that challenge!
polaris is the least reliable? because of what you read online?? apparently you still don't get that there are more polaris atvs out there than any other which will net in more people having issues. i feel like i need to break out the crayons to explain this to you but you still probably wouldn't get it. as for the jumping ship challenge, i'll gladly take you up on that. the number of can am guys alone that i've seen jump ship to polaris outnumbers the amount of polaris owners i've seen jump ship to any other brand. pull your head out of the clouds because it's apparent that's where it is.

and bobby boy how did I know you wouldn't like doug meyer? lol! Honda wont give him test units anymore either because the guy tells it like it is whether it hurts feelings or not. is he the best information out there? I wouldn't go that far, but when he says polaris' have issues why shouldn't I believe him? hes far from the only guy to say that!
honda won't give him test units because he tells it like it is??? i thought you just got done telling me that honda is outselling everyone??? how could this be if hondas are a pile of crap?? this discredits your whole claim of what is best, who you use as a source and what has the most issues.
you live in clarks summit so you're most likely a doctor or lawyer, you can afford overpriced junk and get it fixed when needed. where are your hard numers? you keep saying how Polaris outsells everyone 10 to 1 and over a 20 year span (bullshit!) but yet you still have zero proof of this. why? because you're pullin it out your ass! I guess you also need reading lessons, ive worked on these things on the side and have owned them all, so its not just what I read. I hope that pig 1000 burns your leg off

·
Registered
317 Posts
im sorry if telling it like it is is "whining" to you... I just hate to see people support a company that doesn't support them back and makes a disposable product
telling it like it is and you're lame ass opinion are two different things. unfortunately you keep repetitively spewing the latter. it is very clear that you are very uneducated and use very weak sources to base your opinion from.
and where are your scources? I keep asking for them, but haven't gotten as much as even a quote yet! and Honda not giving doug meyer test units doesn't mean he was saying they were junk, so that was a stupid thing to say also. maybe they just cant take critique of any kind and pulled out on him. if you hadn't noticed magazine tests have gone down hill and aren't nearly as critical or detailed as they used to be so they can keep the manufacturers happy. its sad really

you do realize in 1995, which was 20 years ago, Polaris made nothing but junk and that the sportsman had just came out as a 96 model? id bet everything I own they were not number one in sales at that point, not even close. infact if I remember right, in 1999 Honda was number one in sales still. 20 years you say? yeah right! and ive said this twice before.. beer and cigarettes sell well too! in other words just because they are number one in sales does not make them the best or most reliable

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.