Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really coming across much on the 570 like I thought there would be. I know some of you guys have them, and I'm curious on how the power is and the acceleration on the 570's. Also if anyone has a top speed reading just for kicks. I'm looking to see what kind of acceleration these things are getting, and if they would be equivalent to say a 400ex in terms of speed. Those are the quads I ride with and I want to be able to hang with them.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I find it curious that the 570 should have around the same hp as what my YFZ 450 has/had. Now obviously it's not the same type of power or even close to the same kind of power delivery. But on paper it sounds snappy for a mid size ute.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The 570 puts out 44HP, compared to the 35 of the old 500HO.

Are the bikes you are talking about two stroke?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They run pretty good, if your a pretty good rider you could easily keep up or beat a 400ex in some areas, we also race trx450 with 55+ HP, it absolutely nothing like that, but me and my buddy that have 570,s could beat some good riders on our X country style track that has MX sections( we use part of the MX track w/jumps) with them being on 450mx bikes.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 570 puts out 44HP, compared to the 35 of the old 500HO.

Are the bikes you are talking about two stroke?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
No, they are 4 strokes. One is a dual overhead cam race quad, the 400ex is an old school air cooled thumper.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They run pretty good, if your a pretty good rider you could easily keep up or beat a 400ex in some areas, we also race trx450 with 55+ HP, it absolutely nothing like that, but me and my buddy that have 570,s could beat some good riders on our X country style track that has MX sections( we use part of the MX track w/jumps) with them being on 450mx bikes.
Interesting, I wonder how a drag between a 400ex and 570 would go. I have had my last 450, they are fast, but they beat me to death and tire me out after a days riding the trails. They have a lot more maintenance as well. Plus I need some ground clearance and 4x4 capabilities here and there. That and the big gas tank, and gas and go capabilities. And not to mention if I do get the 570, it wont stay stock............

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If you are used to a 450 (like i had) anything but the 850 will feel slow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My 570 is still being broke in but I think it's got plenty of power compared to some of the other machines I've ridden in the past. Although not a big bore, the EFI DOHC engine responds very quickly to the riders input. Although I still haven't maxed it out yet, I believe it will have no trouble breaking 60 mph WOT. That's much faster than I want to go on the trails I ride. The ride is very comfortable.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just bought a 570 touring last week. It's a freakin rocket!!! Tons of power for any situation. I hit 65mph and let off. Still was pulling! But it's more than power, the cvt on this is hands down incredible. We have a 2009 ranger xp and under 15mph the cvt lets go and you fly down a hill. This will stay engaged to a full stop. Excellent engine braking.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I thought the 570 didnt have engine braking?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I thought you could get it on an LE model.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The switch doesn't have an adc selector. It just always works. And works great

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Thats not ADC, then its just ebs.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The engine brake is similar to how a grizzly is, works all the way to full stop. Always has pressure on the belt to slow you down. And no more snap on the belt when you throttle from a downhill coast.
Note I have little experience on older sportsmans but do own a 2009 ranger xp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do you like touring model.. I want to get one but on the 550 touring the back seat sits higher and my wife doesn't like that. So is the seat the same height. Does the touring model come with eps or is it an option on it.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The engine brake is similar to how a grizzly is, works all the way to full stop. Always has pressure on the belt to slow you down. And no more snap on the belt when you throttle from a downhill coast.
Note I have little experience on older sportsmans but do own a 2009 ranger xp.
But the Yamaha's have a huge advantage, they have a wet clutch. You can also pull start a Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just bought a 570 touring last week. It's a freakin rocket!!! Tons of power for any situation. I hit 65mph and let off. Still was pulling! But it's more than power, the cvt on this is hands down incredible. We have a 2009 ranger xp and under 15mph the cvt lets go and you fly down a hill. This will stay engaged to a full stop. Excellent engine braking.
Thats the quad I want, the touring white one. Glad to hear about the power, sounds intriguing. I bet with those bigger tires you lost some acceleration, but 65 mph top end is pretty respectable for mid size ute.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts