Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its new but how long does it take for the aftermarket to come out with some parts? Im looking for some skid plates. I have heard some rumors that 500 chassis parts will also fit the 570... anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a SP570 EPS ordered - hope to have it soon. My dealer says its the same chassis as the 500 - that's all I know. How do you like the sp570?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I swung past the dealer today to have a look at'm but they just got them in & are still crated. Was told the same thing. Same chasis but a few more HP & efi, eps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a SP570 EPS ordered - hope to have it soon. My dealer says its the same chassis as the 500 - that's all I know. How do you like the sp570?
It's not mine, my riding buddy got one, we actually just did the first service on it yesterday. It's fast! Off the line it pulls away from my 850xp and at about 45 I catch up. It's has plenty of power and seems smoother than the 500s. The efi is great! Much more crisp.
A down side is that with the factory winch installed you can not get to the front diff fill plug. In his case we had to pull off the front bumper and winch to get to the plug.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
It's not mine, my riding buddy got one, we actually just did the first service on it yesterday. It's fast! Off the line it pulls away from my 850xp and at about 45 I catch up. It's has plenty of power and seems smoother than the 500s. The efi is great! Much more crisp.
A down side is that with the factory winch installed you can not get to the front diff fill plug. In his case we had to pull off the front bumper and winch to get to the plug.
The Value line has been like that since 2011. I would rather pull the winch, and have the rad raised vs the older sportsman's with the rad lower.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea it's not bad to do once a year or whenever you need to change the fluid.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just emailed a couple places looking for some stuff and these are the replies I've got back so far-

BIG GUN Exhaust- no plans on making anything for the 570 yet.

HMF Exhaust- working on 570 now, should be ready in a month

Ricochet Skids- working on 570, about another month or so to see skids for it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi all. Check out. Ironbaltic website they have full body skid plates for the new 570. It's the only company that makes them right now I was told.
Seen them on eBay, never heard if them or much about them. Personally I'm just goin to wait for Ricochet to put theirs out. They have a good reputation around here and elsewhere. Guess that worth waiting for :veryhappy:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Email MBRP and see if they have an exhaust for them yet. Will be the inly aftermarket exhaust I run.
Nothing for them yet. They said a universal might fit, but right now there's nothing "570" specific from MBRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

just wanted to say that you are absolutely right about IronBaltic not known much in America (yet) but the company is well known in Europe (especially Northern Europe where the 4x4 ATV-s are popular), and in fact - the company has pretty tight connections with the Polaris brand by having the products approved as optional accessories for Polaris machines with the Finnish Polaris importer in Scandinavia (which is one of the biggest markets of ATV-s in Europe) and also as far as Australia with the local Polaris importer (in skid plates range) - being available through Polaris official accessorie catalogues alongside with the "Pure Polaris" products) throughout the whole Australian Polaris machines sales network - that should speak for itself about the product quality and trust in them.
IB company has done a lot of stuff before any other actually (the complete, actual full skid sets and also full, thick plastic material skids), product types and construction / designs which are popular around the world now.

This was just for the remark, to clarify about the Iron Baltic brand - Ricochet also makes a good product for Polaris, no doubt and obviously for you guys there, its much easier to get this, being locally made, with the long and good local and worldwide reputation.

Cheers,

Nils

Hi all. Check out. Ironbaltic website they have full body skid plates for the new 570. It's the only company that makes them right now I was told.
Seen them on eBay, never heard if them or much about them. Personally I'm just goin to wait for Ricochet to put theirs out. They have a good reputation around here and elsewhere. Guess that worth waiting for :veryhappy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called Ricochet and they said they are working on the plates for the 570 but it will be a month or two before they are for sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts