Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the forum. Seems to be some good info to be had around here.

Here's my problem and I'm hoping to find some insight here. I purchased a 2014 570 this past Saturday. I used the bike Sunday and Monday at my duck lease without issue. My total use time is 1.7hrs and 6.5 miles. On monday we finished hunting, I loaded the bike in the truck and went home. This morning I went to unload the bike and rinse off before putting in the garage. When trying to back out, the bike would barely move. Finally got it unloaded and it would do the same thing in forward. Was able to get it in the garage but it was a real ordeal forward or backwards.

At the duck lease I pull a sled with decoys that weighs maybe 100#'s. Don't do much of the mud thing anymore either and did not donit with a new machine.

Any thoughts or ideas of what might be going on? My dealer is closed up until January 7th.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Parking brake on/stuck on ? Was it cold out, could anything of gotten wet then froze ? Any sticks stuck in it somewhere ? Was the motor running fine, would it rev in neutral ? Any squealing , like the drive belt was slipping? Did you put it in deep water or such ?

Finally, do you watch Duck Dynasty and did you bag any ducks ?

More info needed to quack this case.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had my brakes stick 1 time on my 550. It just did not want to go. Put it in reverse then drive again and it freed up, and I never had a problem again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not deep water. Deepest was maybe mid rim. No sticks stuck anywhere that I can tell. Parking brake isn't on or stuck that I can tell. Motor runs fine, revs but no squeeling or anything. Put in gear of your choice and it really doesn't want to move. It's acting like a stuck parking break but not that I can tell. Puttung it in neutral it's also a bit harder to push than normal.

I've ran polaris machines since 03 and never seen this problem.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Jack it up, see if the wheels turn freely.

I saw a youtube vid on one of these. The Kid said it has a cvt drain plug. It's located in front of the left rear tire. Verify in your manual. " maybe " it's missing or lose and water got in there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The red cvt plug is on the left side in front of the rear tire. That was rhe 1st thing I did. Tires do spin freely that was the 2nd thing I tried.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fly, to answer your questions. Yes, I do watch DD pretty good show I think and yes, we shot limits on ducks specklebelly geese and some snows/blues as well.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It does sound like your clutch/belt got wet. Are it's cover screws lose ? I don't think you'ld void any warranty by taking it off. If it's wet in there, dry it out. Paper towels, air dry. You may gotten in deeper water than you thought. OR did this happen after you washed it ?

If you don't want too mess with it nobody could fault you. It may dry out enough over a couple days.

In the mean time.... It's Duck Season !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does sound like your clutch/belt got wet. Are it's cover screws lose ? I don't think you'ld void any warranty by taking it off. If it's wet in there, dry it out. Paper towels, air dry. You may gotten in deeper water than you thought. OR did this happen after you washed it ?

If you don't want too mess with it nobody could fault you. It may dry out enough over a couple days.

In the mean time.... It's Duck Season !
Up until it went into the back of the truck it was working perfectly. You might be right in thinking the clutch/belt area could have gotten wet. I went to the local car wash an sprayed it down while it was still in the back or the truck. When I tried to unload is when the issue occured. I'll check that out a bit later and report back.

Although when I pulled the red cvt drain plug not a drop of water came out.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think that's your answer. Water most likely got sprayed in there thru the CVT air intake. No biggie. Hope it didn't get a lot of soap in it. Dry it out either by hand or over time and it should run. Double check the cover's screws for tightness.

A tight screw is a good thing. :werd:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If the wheels turn fine and it revs but doesnt move, likely cause is clutch. Pull the drain plug again and tilt the machine so the drain is the low point. Have the machine running in N and rev it up a few times...if water comes out, that is likely your issue...if not, pull the clutch cover and take a look at the belt..check to see if you grenaded the belt somehow (when pulling the sled were you in low range?). If the belt grenaded, perhaps a piece of it is stuck in the clutch causing issues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that's your answer. Water most likely got sprayed in there thru the CVT air intake. No biggie. Hope it didn't get a lot of soap in it. Dry it out either by hand or over time and it should run. Double check the cover's screws for tightness.

A tight screw is a good thing. :werd:
Well.....I did not get around to checking last night. I did go out a bit ago and everything seems to be fine now. Guess I jumped the gun a bit in asking. I am assuming it was 2as water that entered the cvt air intake. Anyways thanks for the help and suggestions.

Merry Christmas....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts