Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So today is decision day... My last concern about the touring model is the issue with the seat I have read about on here. For those who have the touring model, still worth it or should I opt for the 570 camo version? Still has engine braking and I can get it with EPS at the same price as the touring or go without for 6 to 800 cheaper. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
If ur not going to be doing any serious riding 2-up I def wouldn't get it. It may be more stable on really steep hill climbs but a little more throttle and forward lean is going to get it dune also. The 2-up models also high center easier then ur standard wheel based quad. Don't skimp on the eps for the additional cost it is worth the investment.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know what state you are in but at least here in MN and in other states they have outlawed riding 2-up on a machine built for one rider. For what that is worth. At least in MN, the DNR are fanatics about enforcing laws. Heck they even have radar traps set up on our snowmobile trails deep in the woods. You should see how insane they are at boat ramps checking for invasive species.
A few of these value line exceptions are why I would consider a slightly used 550xp Touring which is what I'm thinking for my wife's bike next. As for EPS, at this point in time, I wouldn't even consider a non EPS machine and so resale could be a consideration as well. I work out heavily and have for years and my arms/triceps/back etc are just stronger than most and I still want EPS.
The steering is so easy at low speeds, it's like there is nothing connected to the bars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dizz- First, thanks for your service.

I live in North Idaho and I have the 550 xp. We are in the market for another ATV for my wife. This is what he tells me she likes:

- Power steering - Must have-- not so important for me.
- Touring - Must have - I can't stand them
- EFI - Must have for both of us
- APS - Neither one of us has used it on my atv, so for us not necessary
- Cargo Capacity - Though I would need a bigger quad. Hauled out a nice buck on the back rack with no issues
- Dealers - Not sure what part of Idaho you are in , but CDA Polaris and Allsport offer no discounts for active duty. I think the dealer in Sandpoint and Kellogg does.
- 570 - 550 in ice and snow. the 570 is much better than the 550 in the ice and snow on grades. Not sure why, but mine is squirrely. Neighbors 570 solid.
- Steep climbs- both do well. Still no need for the assisted braking. I find brake and body position works better.

Good luck and thank again for your service!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Dizz- First, thanks for your service.

I live in North Idaho and I have the 550 xp. We are in the market for another ATV for my wife. This is what he tells me she likes:

- Power steering - Must have-- not so important for me.
- Touring - Must have - I can't stand them
- EFI - Must have for both of us
- APS - Neither one of us has used it on my atv, so for us not necessary
- Cargo Capacity - Though I would need a bigger quad. Hauled out a nice buck on the back rack with no issues
- Dealers - Not sure what part of Idaho you are in , but CDA Polaris and Allsport offer no discounts for active duty. I think the dealer in Sandpoint and Kellogg does.
- 570 - 550 in ice and snow. the 570 is much better than the 550 in the ice and snow on grades. Not sure why, but mine is squirrely. Neighbors 570 solid.
- Steep climbs- both do well. Still no need for the assisted braking. I find brake and body position works better.

Good luck and thank again for your service!!!
APS? Not sure what that one is. I think for my first ATV the 570 touring is going to be the best match. I think were I to only think about hunting I would go a different way. One of my concerns is the back seat rest getting in the way of cargo, I.e. A Mule deer. :) but for the rest of the year I think being able to safely and "legally" carry my kids and wife will be more important. Anybody have thoughts on cargo space with touring? K uploadfromtaptalk1395151651286.jpg can they do this?

Sent from my dumb smart phone...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dizz1812-I just bought the Bright White 570 Touring on Saturday and LOVE IT!. The engine braking is so extreme I honestly haven't even touched the brakes much at all. With my wife and I on it, it steers easily in deep rocks or hard surfaces (we're well over 500lbs combined). The power is tremendous and smooth even here where we live at almost 5000 feet. The top of the backrest is around shoulder height on me (5'8") but of course is adjustable. I suppose you could strap to it, but I also believe that you can unbolt it from the frame if you wish (although I haven't tried it yet) which would give you full use of the rear rack. With the back rest on, you really only have the sides of the rear rack available. I am going to buy the ATV hitch carrier rack from Harbor Freight to use when we go on family trips, it may be a good choice for hunting trips as well. The rear rack is unfortunately not the best design with the addition of the backrest on the touring. However, I cannot tell you how much I love the machine overall. I don't think there is a better value on the market (for the money) and I looked at everything believe me. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Dizz1812-I just bought the Bright White 570 Touring on Saturday and LOVE IT!. The engine braking is so extreme I honestly haven't even touched the brakes much at all. With my wife and I on it, it steers easily in deep rocks or hard surfaces (we're well over 500lbs combined). The power is tremendous and smooth even here where we live at almost 5000 feet. The top of the backrest is around shoulder height on me (5'8") but of course is adjustable. I suppose you could strap to it, but I also believe that you can unbolt it from the frame if you wish (although I haven't tried it yet) which would give you full use of the rear rack. With the back rest on, you really only have the sides of the rear rack available. I am going to buy the ATV hitch carrier rack from Harbor Freight to use when we go on family trips, it may be a good choice for hunting trips as well. The rear rack is unfortunately not the best design with the addition of the backrest on the touring. However, I cannot tell you how much I love the machine overall. I don't think there is a better value on the market (for the money) and I looked at everything believe me. Good Luck!!
Thanks for your reply. I'm getting mine today and am looking forward to it. Glad to know there is some adjustment to the rear seat back rest also. I agree with you on this machine being a great value.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well thanks for everyone's input. I went with the 570 touring. :) look forward to putting it through its paces!

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
sweet ride brother. good luck n congrats.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Very nice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you will be happy with that Touring. It is a excellent choice!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts