Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I posted a few months back about a terrible rattle coming from the right side of the engine area. I just found out that it's the heat shield over the exhaust pipe behind my right leg. But I took it to dealer and he said that's normal. There's no way it's normal. It's getting annoying to ride. That's how loud it gets. So I checked all screws on the shield and there all tight. Please help me with any ideas on fixing this abnoxious rattle noise. Thanks all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Demand from your dealer that he fix it - its under warranty - my dealer fixed my heat shield, no questions asked. It seems to be a common problem.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Its some what common on alot of atvs and such. Just take a radiator hose clamp or whatever type of metal hose clamp and tighten it up. Do it every foot or so on the exhaust over the heat shields. It should fix you up

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's the shift link. It sits right on a heat shield. There should be a 4" long rubber sleeve on it somewhere. Slide it back to where it cushions the rod on the shield. No more rattle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We just picked up two 570s last week and they both have this annoying rattle....kind of annoying that Polaris allows stuff like this to make it to customers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We just picked up two 570s last week and they both have this annoying rattle....kind of annoying that Polaris allows stuff like this to make it to customers.
Never buy first year model if you don't want to fix glaring errors. Polaris are known to let customers deal with the gremlins and find solutions they later use themselves. Look at the xp's. It still won't detract me from buying their rides but I wait for the bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Never buy first year model if you don't want to fix glaring errors. Polaris are known to let customers deal with the gremlins and find solutions they later use themselves. Look at the xp's. It still won't detract me from buying their rides but I wait for the bugs to be worked out.
I have had great luck with my first year model vehicles with Polaris. I had a 2011 Polaris PRO RMK 163 that never gave me one issue, my 2011 RZR 900 was great also....but I do agree first year models can have issues. I cant get to upset, what do you expect for a quad that is half the price of others.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's the shift link. It sits right on a heat shield. There should be a 4" long rubber sleeve on it somewhere. Slide it back to where it cushions the rod on the shield. No more rattle.
Here's where it is
I think buy anice looking hose clamp as recommended and a longer piece of black hose to span a longer area of the shift linkage, so if it slides it will still be covered by hose and not metal on metal (vibration) contact. Do either of the ends come off easy enough to add a longer section of hose?

Never buy first year model if you don't want to fix glaring errors.
Very true statement, on almost anything automotive / mechanical!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have had great luck with my first year model vehicles with Polaris. I had a 2011 Polaris PRO RMK 163 that never gave me one issue, my 2011 RZR 900 was great also....but I do agree first year models can have issues. I cant get to upset, what do you expect for a quad that is half the price of others.
This and also keep in mind that polaris comes up with a new atv-sxs every six month...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here's where it is
I think buy anice looking hose clamp as recommended and a longer piece of black hose to span a longer area of the shift linkage, so if it slides it will still be covered by hose and not metal on metal (vibration) contact. Do either of the ends come off easy enough to add a longer section of hose?

Never buy first year model if you don't want to fix glaring errors.
Very true statement, on almost anything automotive / mechanical!
Yeah, from experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts