Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, recently started getting 2 codes on my 17 570. Got a (2 84) & (19 84). When they come on the speedo is in and out. Brought it to a mechanic who cleaned the speed sensor and checked out the wiring. I thought it was good to go until last night when they came back, and brought along another friend (31 520230) which also throws an engine light, not ebs. I put a new battery in the bike this year so I think thats good, and the codes started coming around right after I installed my clutch kit. The (31 520230) just started last night. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
546 Posts
520230 is an EPS code

2 84 is Data Erratic or Intermittent (or Missing)

19 84 is Received Vehicle Speed Has Error

Check all of your connections on your power steering, ECU and speed sensor. Clean them good, use compressed air and dielectric grease. My guess is that somewhere there is a bad connection.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
520230 is an EPS code

2 84 is Data Erratic or Intermittent (or Missing)

19 84 is Received Vehicle Speed Has Error

Check all of your connections on your power steering, ECU and speed sensor. Clean them good, use compressed air and dielectric grease. My guess is that somewhere there is a bad connection.
My mechanic cleaned and greased the connections on the speed sensor when he had it. I should note they only come on in low range, and only when I'm holding speed, usually at 5kmh for a few minutes. They also usually go away after I turn the bike on and off 2-3x. I checked the numbers on line to see what they were to make sure it wasn't anything to serious, which is why I said the eps code is throwing an engine light, is that not strange when there is an eps light?

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
546 Posts
EPS light is coming on because of the 520230 code. You should check all of those connections as well if you haven’t yet. I would go through all of the wiring very carefully and ground wires. Since it’s intermittent, I’m thinking it’s a loose connection or frayed wire somewhere. It can be a pain to find.

I had the 520230 code come on my machine and it wouldn’t go away even after I checked every wire and connection. Ended up bringing it to the dealer and they reset the ECU for me. Haven’t had a problem since. So you may need to go that route if everything else checks out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If all else fails I may just bring it to the dealer, they're a little over an hour away from me so im trying to avoid that lol. But again the eps code is giving me a check engine light, not an eps light... is that normal?

I guess its back to the garage with a couple wobbly pops, wiring/electrical has got to be my least favourite job...

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
546 Posts
Yes the eps will give a check engine light. When you start it the eps light should flash, then the CEL comes on and stays on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts