Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a brand new 570 Polaris, and noticed the atv would shutoff while I was driving it around every once and a while. And of course as soon as I was ready to drive back to my house and take a look at it, it turned off and would not start... Beautiful!.... Well after messing around with it finally got it running really rough but got it back to the house drove it into the garage turned it off and let it cool down before I started to work on it. After a hour went back out and it wouldn't even catch. So I pulled the spark plug and found this (hopefully this picture shows up).

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wtf? I don't have the troubles you describe, but makes me want to check mine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the amount of antiseize that was on this plug was ridicules. I could have iced a cake with the amount I saw

·
Registered
422 Posts
Crap. I'll check mine tomorrow. I found a huge gob of antiseize on my frame after I brought it home. Great that they use it but too much is ridiculous

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Just bought a brand new 570 Polaris, and noticed the atv would shutoff while I was driving it around every once and a while. And of course as soon as I was ready to drive back to my house and take a look at it, it turned off and would not start... Beautiful!.... Well after messing around with it finally got it running really rough but got it back to the house drove it into the garage turned it off and let it cool down before I started to work on it. After a hour went back out and it wouldn't even catch. So I pulled the spark plug and found this (hopefully this picture shows up).
It's under warranty. take it back. You new 570 owners are the Polaris guinea pigs and the more Polaris sees, the quicker they can get their s^*t together, so when the rest of us get ready to buy one, the bugs will be all gone. Thank you for your sacrifice...Vandal

·
Registered
422 Posts
570 itself isn't new... Just in the sportsman platform

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
570 itself isn't new... Just in the sportsman platform
Yes, and that's exactly what we are talking about, isn't it I don't care if a motor has been around 100 years, when you make a new vehicle, you're always going to have gremlins. That motor that has been tested, might not be as good in a sportsman, as far as wiring, fuel delivery, and just plain overlooked items that weren't overlooked in the 570 rzr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up replacing the plug with a champion wiped off the antisieze and it has been running strong ever since... When I crossed the plug to Ngk they didn't have anything at the moment. Also Polaris were good and gave me a new plug the only question I got is why the insulation broke?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ended up replacing the plug with a champion wiped off the antisieze and it has been running strong ever since... When I crossed the plug to Ngk they didn't have anything at the moment. Also Polaris were good and gave me a new plug the only question I got is why the insulation broke?
Good to hear. What champion plug did you use?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is the stock plug a Champion RG6YC? I haven't had the chance to pull mine yet. If it is, I've read that the NGK equivalent is a CR6E.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did the porcelain break? Ive seen enuff failures in new plugs, could have been a bad production....or the installing tech dropped it.

Ive been installing champions in autos for ten plus yrs now and i typically see a bad plug out of about 2 dozen i install. Unless it looks melted, i wouldnt be too concerned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you look closely to the insulator is broken and coving the electrode so that it would not generate a spark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts