Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As many others? I just got the display problem on a 570 Sportsman 2018 (X2 Nordic EPS). I've checked cables, battery connections, grounding, fuses etc. etc. I tried to charge the battery with a C-TEK too but it didn't help. Everything looks fine with voltage when idleing and revving. With no load I had 12.7V on battery and starting up engine I get 14.5+V... I can scroll the different display options with my left thumb so it seems that it's concentrated to the display itself. I still have warranty but I am still curious about what is causing this behaviour.

At the end of the video it starts to flicker on the side of the main display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Will try that when riding next time. It's odd. When machine is cold it's no problem but when riding for awhile it starts to flicker. But will try to move the key when the error occurs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The facebook group requires you to login. I have seen many posts with that symptom, and the cause is the key switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello friend, i am having the same issue, had to warn you, stop riding your bike! You have a faulty voltage regulator and or stator. It is pumping too mutch voltage specially when you acelerare and will fry your display, battery, eps steering, blow bulbs etc!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hello friend, i am having the same issue, had to warn you, stop riding your bike! You have a faulty voltage regulator and or stator. It is pumping too mutch voltage specially when you acelerare and will fry your display, battery, eps steering, blow bulbs etc!!!
Most with this issue are having ignition switch issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok friend, thank you for the warning. I am going to send it to the dealership this week and let you know what it was! The thing is, the problema ruined my battery. The bike only has 1year and half, do tou think warranty covers the repair and the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok friend, thank you for the warning. I am going to send it to the dealership this week and let you know what it was! The thing is, the problema ruined my battery. The bike only has 1year and half, do tou think warranty covers the repair and the battery?
Ok thanks. Yeah it is odd. It looks like it only happens after I drive for awhile (20min or above). Never when I start to ride. It actually feels like it gets some kind of overvoltage after some time of riding and the display starts to go crazy. Also I get some EPS error code sometimes. When I stop the ATV and idle for awhile the error goes away. This is really strange. I will talk to the staff when I do the next service (100h).

Thanks everybody who replies. Really appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts