Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thought some of you would be interested in this top speed video I found. Couldn't remeber if I had posted it before, but here it is. Now conditions and rider weight have impact on the speed, but overall dam that's good for a value class 500 don't ya think?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-XKbl8uBo

·
Registered
146 Posts
They have defiantly come along way, 570 is certainly a performer especially for the $$$!

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Inb4thorsaysthetopspeedonhishawkeyeismorethanenough
no, the top speed of the Hawkeye is not more than enough. it's slow as F. but that doesn't stop it from getting places. It's also common knowledge that I plan on getting a 570 early next year assuming my bonus comes through (I refuse to finance toys). I just don't see a need to go faster than a 570 can. simple as that. 60+ is plenty fast on smooth surfaces in something that is designed to be driven on them, I have no desire to go that fast off road. You all can have you big bores. I have no need for them.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Inb4thorsaysthetopspeedonhishawkeyeismorethanenough
no, the top speed of the Hawkeye is not more than enough. it's slow as F. but that doesn't stop it from getting places. It's also common knowledge that I plan on getting a 570 early next year assuming my bonus comes through (I refuse to finance toys). I just don't see a need to go faster than a 570 can. simple as that. 60+ is plenty fast on smooth surfaces in something that is designed to be driven on them, I have no desire to go that fast off road. You all can have you big bores. I have no need for them.
I've hit 57 mph with my 400, that's plenty fast for me. I'd love more torque next time though...

Ultimately if I want to go crazy fast, I'll buy a sled.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
the Hawkeye got up to 51 once, on paved road going down a hill on the stock tires lol. it was a long hill.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just think, the two 2006 Grizzly 700s the wife and I had could only muster 63MPH

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's funny, 70 on a quad is considered fast, 70 on a sled is a kids or woman's sled lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's funny, 70 on a quad is considered fast, 70 on a sled is a kids or woman's sled lol.
Until any of them tip over, roll, or tumble. What ever the word. . Then the O SNIT factor comes into play.
GF has a 7 inch scare on her arm where she didn't make the curve and the horse trailer jumped in front of her.
Snit happens.

Love the torque and actually love speed but not for me on a ATV either where your not protected AT ALL. . Far to much to lose at 59 if I crack SNIT up. AKA. ME. lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Crazy to think back in the day when my 500cc arctic cat was one of the big machines and hitting 45mph was hard on flat paved surface.

·
Registered
588 Posts
ThorsHammer said:
That's me as well. Mine was mostly for plowing, which was universally stated to me as 400cc and bigger, especially for someone my size. Since I am quite big, I went a bit bigger. But the older I get, the less I crave the acceleration of my youth, other than on water, which will likely disappear in the next few years also.
WilliamBos said:
I've hit 57 mph with my 400, that's plenty fast for me. I'd love more torque next time though...
I found the 400 perfectly adequate also, as 400 and 600cc ATVs were the only quads I had any time on. The 400 was only minimally slower than the 600, but was far easier to throw around and I would say I probably had a bit more fun on it. As it turns out, my 570 actually has a bit of an edge on my nephew's old 600 on power, but they're pretty much equal on speed. Not that it matters, as I said mine's a workhorse.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
sleds are a lot more forgiving if you come off of one. I'm cool as a cucumber on a snowboard at 50+ mph but put me on hard earth on top of a rolling explosion and my speed desires drop drastically.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
ThorsHammer said:
That's me as well. Mine was mostly for plowing, which was universally stated to me as 400cc and bigger, especially for someone my size. Since I am quite big, I went a bit bigger. But the older I get, the less I crave the acceleration of my youth, other than on water, which will likely disappear in the next few years also.
WilliamBos said:
I found the 400 perfectly adequate also, as 400 and 600cc ATVs were the only quads I had any time on. The 400 was only minimally slower than the 600, but was far easier to throw around and I would say I probably had a bit more fun on it. As it turns out, my 570 actually has a bit of an edge on my nephew's old 600 on power, but they're pretty much equal on speed. Not that it matters, as I said mine's a workhorse.
How's the torque on the 570?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Will, nothin' like a 850))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts