Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there has been any sort of complaint filed with Polaris on the whole issue with the seat and backrest pulling away? Seems like a big issue and warrants some sort of recall. Anyone heard anything on it from Polaris or their dealer?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm confused. The seat is separate from the backrest. Nothing to pull away from

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, bad wording on my part. I meant the issue with the posts on the seat moving causing that gap. Is there an easy fix?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congrats!!! The issue is under the seat, the supporting legs are placed poorly. There is no support on the right side in the bend causing the seat to bend and sit lower pulling the front back on that side. I am still trying different things with mine. It may come to the point of reinforcing it with steel.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats!!! The issue is under the seat, the supporting legs are placed poorly. There is no support on the right side in the bend causing the seat to bend and sit lower pulling the front back on that side. I am still trying different things with mine. It may come to the point of reinforcing it with steel.
Ok, gotcha. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curious if for those of you with the touring model of you feel this issue will be resolved by polaris, i.e., a recall or something? I'm looking to buy one today and wondering if I should go with the non touring model instead of this issue is common and especially if in your experience the manufacturer doesn't take care of things like this especially when they are defects?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
I wouldn't let this keep me from buying one. Its not a major problem or concern, just a fit and finish issue. I think they will fix it when they are more aware. This atv is still new and is the only one with this seat.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love this thing so far. Spent some time today helping my dad pull logs out of the woods for firewood. Quad performed great and the torque surprised both of us. This thing is so versatile, I don't know why I ever bought that 450 now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts