Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys with the touring, is there anyway to remove the passenger seat when your in 1 up mode? I know it's not a lock and ride, but are there bolts that are accessible to unbolt that backrest? My wife really likes this quad, we seen one last weekend on the ice and now she is wanting to get into 2 up riding. I like the idea as well as it's harder to find people to ride with. However when running solo or running with the guys I don't really want that backrest sticking up back there. Does it hurt anything, no , but visually it would just bother the hell out of me and annoy me to no end.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So then I presume you can go through the hassle and unbolt it but would have a void. The void on my 850 touring is huge when you take the seat off. The lack of lock and ride touring seat was a turn off for me as was the lack of EPS availability on the 570 touring.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't know why Polaris didn't at least make the backrest flip down? Maybe I would get used to it, but I don't know. Does it bother anyone else when your riding solo to have the back seat sticking up?

·
Registered
815 Posts
i dont mind my back rest. I guess you could unbolt the back and just have a long humped up seat. I think it looks ok as a 1 person rider.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont mind my back rest. I guess you could unbolt the back and just have a long humped up seat. I think it looks ok as a 1 person rider.
Thanks for the info, where is point where it bolts? I am basically down to the 570 touring or a sportsman 800 with a rear box seat and foot pegs. The 800 is cheaper, and I can get a hell of a deal on it. I know the 570 would be a little better ergo wise, but the 800 has 10 more hp and I'm betting a buttload more torque. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I looked at both. There is more than power numbers. How that power is put down is the main factor. The 570 is very efficient while the 800 is still slow and soft. 570 would stay pretty neck and neck with a 800.
The rear seat back bolts under the seat. 4 star bolts I think. I can pull a wheelie on the touring pretty easy if I can grip.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, are your serious? You can wheelie a touring quad? Never would have guessed that, but that's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im with you Roboo I think the backrest looks goofy when there is no passenger I was a little disappointed when I found out it needed to be unbolted. I probably wont mess with it too much though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not sure if you care but some states are outlawing riding two on a one up machine such as that 800 you are comparing. I'm thinking since the 570 is still a value line...they have to differentiate the 550 still and cut little things out of the mix like the removable touring seat. I think I would go 570 touring over the 800 but would be bummed that the 570 touring can't be had with EPS like the regular 570 can.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if you care but some states are outlawing riding two on a one up machine such as that 800 you are comparing. I'm thinking since the 570 is still a value line...they have to differentiate the 550 still and cut little things out of the mix like the removable touring seat. I think I would go 570 touring over the 800 but would be bummed that the 570 touring can't be had with EPS like the regular 570 can.
Yes, you are correct about the law. I checked and in Michigan you can only ride 2 people on an atv designed for two people. I'm getting a 570 touring.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can confirm the 570 touring will wheelie and do it easily. The seat mounts into the plate that the back rest is built into. I plan on cutting a new plate just to use when I dont want the back seat on. It doesnt look bad with the back seat on with only one rider either. Kinda of nice when on the trails you stop for a break you can lean back and kick your feet up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can confirm the 570 touring will wheelie and do it easily. The seat mounts into the plate that the back rest is built into. I plan on cutting a new plate just to use when I dont want the back seat on. It doesnt look bad with the back seat on with only one rider either. Kinda of nice when on the trails you stop for a break you can lean back and kick your feet up.
So if you detach it you cant put the seat back on?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'll take a video today after work of doing a wheelie on the touring. Its pretty funny to see a big ass quad do that.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Here it is. Crappy quick video.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I won't have to load the clutch up to do it lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
i just did a simple easy exhaust mod to mine. Still sounds good, very deep while still quiet enough to talk to the passenger while riding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts