Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any seat issues? I am on my second seat and it's less than a month old. The posts on the right side, side with the heat shield, keep moving away from the frame and causing a big gap in the front area of the seat. I ended up having to put two pieces of aluminum with rivets on the heat shield to stop the seat post from moving over.

I will upload pictures later.

I weigh 225 lbs. Thought I'd add that in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I noticed the gap last time I rode. It doesnt bother me much but it is there and as long as it doesnt get worse i'll be ok with it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll keep an eye on mine. I hope it doesnt get worse but may the way its going. I only have 90 miles so far

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's my first seat. it was ruined because of this.

My second seat started going the same thing. Here's how I stopped that crap. I was already out at cabins by the ATV trails so my brother came up with some aluminum and rivets.

You can see that the posts sit on the heat shield not the black frame. As I'm going over rough terrain and have my wife (145lbs) on back it really gets bad. Even the guy at the polaris dealer, while installing the new seat, said "Damn you better bungee that seat down when you are hauling it on a trailer so you don't loose it."

And the front part of the seat is correctly in those two support pieces that come out. I always made sure of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first trip out, brand new ATV and I had the seat off because of the seat issue starting. Look at the lower right post in the pic, you can see how it's too far to the right(in the pic). I was taking pictures with my phone for the dealer to get me a new seat. I thought it was just that seat had a defect. Looks like the design may have issues. Maybe someone will come out with a better aftermarket seat. I had to replace a ton of stuff on my KLR650 too so I'm used to this. Other than this I really do love this ATV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well with my windshield on I sometimes smell exhaust so bad I had to remove the windshield .....

I also paid out of pocket for 2 springs and seal to be replaced on the exhaust. The dealer couldn't duplicate the issue and said warranty will not cover it unless they see the problem. So I said screw it I'll pay just replace those parts. That seems to have fixed that issue. I couldn't duplicate it either at the dealer to show them. It mainly did it over rougher terrain and with the windshield on and maybe that gap in the seat didn't help.

I may have just got one built on a Friday. Glad I got the 4 year extended warranty.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My seat does this too. Not near as bad but still does, looks out of alignment some how. Would like to know more about what is causing it, I rode yesterday and it moved, took the seat off and nothing looked different, and when i put the seat back on it was about normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My seat is also doing this. I weigh 170lbs, wife weighs 120. I tried adjusting those brackets in the front. Maybe helped a little bit. I like to ride in the snow, so I just tell myself I got a handy nut roaster to keep me warm and frisky.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats excatly how mine is looking

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Sportsman Touring 570

Same issue and on top of that I was driving home yesterday and when got home seat was gone, lost it somewhere on the way. Will go back and look to see if I can find it, will cost about $300 to replace one. :motz:

·
Registered
815 Posts
The problem is the legs under the seat. They are placed weird and lack support where the seat bends on the right side

·
Registered
815 Posts
all those who have lost a seat, how was the atv on the trailer or truck? backwards, forward, sideways, etc.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Is this a different seat setup than the ones that were on the older 500 and 800 tourings? Geez, this sounds like a really bad issue.

·
Registered
815 Posts
yes its a 1 piece seat. The other tourings have a 2 piece

1 - 20 of 40 Posts