Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain why the touring version of this bike doesn't have EPS?:aargh4:

I'm getting a 570 and I want the touring, but I also want the EPS.

I'm wondering if you can take the steering colum parts from a 570 EPS model and swap them with the manual steering on the touring? :unknw:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've yet to find anybody that otherwise should know, have THE explanation. I had to move into the 850 Touring to get EPS. Of course the 550 touring has eps as well. I can only surmise it pushed you to an XP touring and further differentiates the value line from the XP. I've read on this forum that potential 570 touring buyers have confirmed adding EPS after the fact per their dealers is no big deal.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Super ATV has aftermarket kits.

But I agree. ALL touring models SHOULD have eps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish it had it too. But I like my touring anyhow.

Aside from the frame being longer on the touring, can it be THAT different the EPS is not possible on it?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's either an oversite (doubtful) or a planned marketing move, to sell the XP line touring model..... or maybe they just figure the "added weight of your spouce" on the rear will lighten up the front end and allow for easier steering?! :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My dealer told me its specifically because they are concerned that if the 570 touring had power steering, it would kill the 550 touring sales.. This is what he was told at the dealer meeting this year.. 550 touring guys.. Don't shoot the messenger.. That's just what I was told..

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Around me it already killed the 550....a couple local dealerships don't even order them in anymore.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Even though Polaris is severing it's relationship with Fuji Heavy Industries maybe they are on the hook via some contract to utilize said number of their motors through some undisclosed date. Just a theory....

I am very happy with my 550 but not oblivious to the fact it's days are likely numbered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer told me its specifically because they are concerned that if the 570 touring had power steering, it would kill the 550 touring sales.. This is what he was told at the dealer meeting this year.. 550 touring guys.. Don't shoot the messenger.. That's just what I was told..
I think you hit the nail on the head there!!! I can't see anything functionally wrong with having EPS on the touring. The only difference in the 570 and it's touring equivalent is the length of the machine and the steering shaft components.
I say get the touring model, and look for a wrecked 570 EPS in the future to swap parts with or just order the parts from Polaris and just switch it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I look forward to buying a used 570 when the market gets filled up with them in a few years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love my 570 touring. Even with no power steering I can still drive around with one hand on the turns. Its awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts