Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my dealer. My 570 with 226mi and 24h on the clock is having the motor fully rebuilt! Needless to say I am furious. It's 2 months old! I am talking to polaris to either have a new motor installed, a new quad, or buy it back and I'm getting a can am commander sxs.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
What happened? They dont just blow up? I would rather have a rebuild, if it is from mass assembly, the tech will catch it, and also
Inform Polaris.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Got a call from my dealer. My 570 with 226mi and 24h on the clock is having the motor fully rebuilt! Needless to say I am furious. It's 2 months old! I am talking to polaris to either have a new motor installed, a new quad, or buy it back and I'm getting a can am commander sxs.
And just what happened as to your motor being trashed already. From your comments it almost sounds like you had a plan to trash the Polaris for a buy back so you could get a Canned Ham. You can talk til your blue in the face to Polaris, but if you comment to them like you've commented here, I can see the results already. So after two months you just all of a sudden want a SxS. This story sounds very fishy to me

·
Registered
434 Posts
X2^^^

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did nothing to cause this. I have another thread about it when it stranded me and lost compression. If I wanted to get rid of it I would drop it out of my truck or catch it on fire. I have insurance.
It started as a cam chain. Then they drained the oil that was full of copper shavings. There is scaring on the inside of the motor from the chain break. The tensioner is locked up. The guide is trashed. Anything that has fluid run through it needs replaces so oil pump, etc. all bearings are being taken out and replaced. it's completely in pieces right now. Most the internals are being replaced.
The end result is a 2 month old $9000 atv with a rebuilt motor. 24h but rebuilt. That's not ok. I bought a new motor. I need a new motor

·
Registered
460 Posts
X3^^^^

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And just what happened as to your motor being trashed already. From your comments it almost sounds like you had a plan to trash the Polaris for a buy back so you could get a Canned Ham. You can talk til your blue in the face to Polaris, but if you comment to them like you've commented here, I can see the results already. So after two months you just all of a sudden want a SxS. This story sounds very fishy to me
My plan was to have it bought back and get a outlander max, but it's not near as nice as my 570 touring is at all. Today I looked at commanders and I can get one for $80 more per month. I already have a honda 400ex big bore and a 2009 polaris ranger xp. My problem is my warranty is already half over and it has been in the shop 2 times now for warranty stuff. What happens when it breaks down again in 4 months from a tech not fitting something just right? I'm out several grand and a new quad yet again. I would get a rzr s but like the commander better.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
This is what i said would happen in your other thread. When the tensioners jams/breaks, the piston smacks the valves, bending them. It also leaves a large stamp on the piston. Depending on severity, if it then drops a valve from impact, it scores the shit out of the cyl.

When you said the cam chain jammed, i knew she was toast.

Shitty luck, but at least its still on warranty. This would really suck off warranty!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ur a real polaris coolaid drinker. Every time someone has a screwed up new bike u think the op did something that there not telling!!

S3

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Have you thought about picking up the extended warranty? You should be able to do this right up to the expiration date on factory warranty. The cost shouldn't be more than $725 and will take you out 5 years from quad purchase date.

My problem is my warranty is already half over and it has been in the shop 2 times now for warranty stuff. What happens when it breaks down again in 4 months from a tech not fitting something just right? I'm out several grand and a new quad yet again. I would get a rzr s but like the commander better.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would do that, but I will not be paying for it now. Polaris or the dealership will be if they leave the rebuilt motor in there.
Think if you were buying a new quad. And the dealership said they have a few, the one you like came in new with issues and they had to rebuild the motor. You would not be leaving with that one would you? No.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
worst case.. when the repair is done.. Think outside the box to cover your rear end.. Put the machine on your trailer.. Don't ride it at all.. Drive with the machine to a couple of other polaris dealers if you can and show them the work order for the repairs completed.. Get their input on the work order and let them look at your quad if they want to.. See if they'll go on record agreeing or disagreeing with the repairs that were done.. It obligates them to nothing to give you an opinion.. But it might prove useful when dealing with polaris corporate if you have any problems down the road.. Assuming you do speak to at least one other dealer and get an opinion from them.. Again.. Before riding the quad at all.. Contact polaris and go on record with them that the repair is done and that you've seen at least one other dealer who agreed or disagreed with what was done.. See if they'll open a case file or something to refer back to if something engine related goes wrong.. Get the employee's name and empl number or whatever.. You know the drill.. You'll call back in two months and there will be no record of your conversation unless you have this info.. I know this method is inconvenient, but it is what it is.. A little bit of your time will be well worth it.. Now.. Since all of us are flying blind and no one knows how you ride except you.. If you beat on this thing and it fails.. You're on your own.. The professionals will know and they'll call you out on it.. I started my reply with worst case.. Best case is that the repair is solid and you fall in love with your 570 all over again!.. Don't over react.. Just cover your bases and take your time.. Impulse decisions based on anger and frustration rarely work out in your favor..

·
Registered
505 Posts
A little off topic but my father in lnlaw but a brand new artic cat sled and the motor blew in it just after a couple months. They rebuilt the motor and he hasnt had a problem with since. At least 10 years.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did nothing to cause this. I have another thread about it when it stranded me and lost compression. If I wanted to get rid of it I would drop it out of my truck or catch it on fire. I have insurance.
I dont know why some people want to resort to insurance fraud? Says a lot about the OP, even to suggest something like that in jest. If you are getting rid of your Sportsman, get rid of your Ranger too, but dont drop them out of a truck or set them on fire. Here is a novel idea, sell them or trade them.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I dont know why some people want to resort to insurance fraud? Says a lot about the OP, even to suggest something like that in jest. If you are getting rid of your Sportsman, get rid of your Ranger too, but dont drop them out of a truck or set them on fire. Here is a novel idea, sell them or trade them.
And suggesting that online, if insurance companies ever got ahold of that, it would hit the fan.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Generally if you are having major issues with something under warranty the MFG will extended it on the major repairs. I have not had the displeasure of dealing with any warranty issues at all so I can't say how Polaris will deal with it. Ask your dealer.
Like others have said, don't be a afraid of a rebuild. If the tech is any good it will probably better then new. But I can also see your point of new means new.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I have to take the financial hot because polaris sold me a shit motor? Are you going to buy a quad that has a 24h motor that is rebuilt for almost new price?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Ur a real polaris coolaid drinker. Every time someone has a screwed up new bike u think the op did something that there not telling!!

S3
BSutton

I'm going on what the OP is telling. Here's a quote from him immediately after he got this 570

I just bought a 570 touring last week. It's a freakin
rocket!!! Tons of power for any situation. I hit 65mph and let off. Still was
pulling!

Now I don't know if you can read but it clearly states he is running WIDE open on a brand new machine, so anyone can see he really didn't care one bit about this machine or what happened to it, and if it broke he deserves what he got. I'm tired of all these guys coming in here complaining about their machines breaking and claiming no responsibility. Well this guy fessed up two months before this happened, and is now crying he did nothing and guys like you just pat him on the ass and tell him we know you didn't do anything. I wont do that especially after the statements he has made in this and the first post where he admits to riding wide open on his brand new 570. There's your Kool-Aid for ya BSutton

1 - 20 of 128 Posts