Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 sportsman 570 non-powersteering and I’m thinking about getting a 2017 sportsman 850 sp for $7,000. Should I keep the extra cash and get wheels, tires, winch, etc. or do you think I should spend the money and upgrade to an 850??

·
Registered
428 Posts
There really is no right answer to that question. I guess it would really come down to how much do you want the added power vs a set up unit? Yes it is more fun but it wont make it any more "capable" than a 570. I like both of them to be honest. My 570 had never let me down yet, but i have ridden a friends 850 a little here and there and the power is definitely fun. All the power in the world wont help you when you're beached somewhere and need a winch though.

Reactions: bobx2

·
Registered
619 Posts
Guess it depends on how much you're getting for your 570. $7k for an 850sp sounds like a good deal, but if you have to take a couple-thousand dollar loss on your equally-new 570, it might not be worth it.

Personally, I'd keep the 570. A 570 would be more than enough for me. But the 850 is a higher-end machine. You may decide to get into the 850 and then invest in the accessories for it down the road.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Most will say there no replacement for displacement.. but the 570's are great machines.. Not knocking the 850 at all, I love mine and I crush 570's in a race and the fun factor is off the charts, that being said, I want an 1k, but just can't see spending the extra on one... so all about your priorities, if you can afford it grab the 850... Just would suck to spend the money on the 570 and sit there wishing you went bigger...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
what it really comes down to is how you want to use it. on tight technical trails, the added top end of the 850 is useless. but if you ride dunes, or just simply want to go at top speed as much as possible, then the 850 would be for you. but the 0-30 speed of the 570 vs the 850 is less than 1 second difference, and on tight trails you're not getting above 20 most of the time. If you're keeping both machines, more power to you, but if you're going to take a big loss of the 570, I wouldn't bother, and save the money for outfitting the 570 to be able to do exactly what you need. Shoot $7k would get you into tracks, and then you might be slower, but you'd be almost unstoppable and make it further than a non-tracked 850 in deep mud, snow, etc. which is one of the biggest pushing points you hear about why the 850 over the 570.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I agree - if your main reason for getting a 850 is SPEED - then don't keep the 570.

I see people buying 450's and trying to make it as fast as a 570 or faster. All the money and upgrade spent doesn't justify it and the added wear and tear on that 450 engine isn't worth it in my opinion.

It's like buying a car with a V6 instead of a V8 and then spending all this money to try to make it faster - Should of just gotten that V8 - Just Saying.

If you're keeping your 570 and the only reason getting a 850 is because of the great price then do it. But you know eventually you will want to sup up both bikes - once the mod bugs hit - it will be 2x Winch, 2x LED Light bars, 2x LED Taillight Bulbs, 2x Skid Plates, 2x Wheels/Tires Upgrade, 2x Everything!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts