Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad bought a camo EPS 570 last week. I just got back home from deer hunting and wanted to post this to see if anyone else noticed the very pronounced vibration while in low gear tacking around 3K. When we got back to camp last night he mentioned the vibration and wanted me to ride it to see what I thought. This morning before I packed up I took it out for a ride and WOW! Enough to be uncomfortable! Obviously we use our quads for deer hunting so we ride slow. Chalk it up to the new engine and motor mounts?

On another note my Dad and I know how Polaris was able to keep the sale price low on the 570. Comparing my 2010 500 with the 570 really shows they skimped out on using good materials. The plastic used on the fenders are like night and day, and the rear box latch already fell off.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The rear box latch should of been checked at PDI. Thinner plastics does not mean weaker, they went to the current Body design in 2011.

Sorry to hear about the vibration, take it back to the dealer, that is what warranty is for.
Sounds like a motor mount, hopefully!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I somewhat agree to certain parts getting a little more flimsy over the years...Like what ahs already been stated...use the warranty my man!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Warranty wont be able to do anything for you. The 570s do have a very noticable vibration. Some people notice it more than others. It bothers some people more than others.

Just for the record I dont own a 570 but I deal with them every day. Its the first thing I noticed when I fired one up.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Warranty wont be able to do anything for you. The 570s do have a very noticable vibration. Some people notice it more than others. It bothers some people more than others.

Just for the record I dont own a 570 but I deal with them every day. Its the first thing I noticed when I fired one up.
More than the 455/498?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
805 Posts

More than the 455/498?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
IMO its slightly more.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Thanks. I probably would not notice.

More than the 455/498?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
IMO its slightly more.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys! Ya, I had a feeling it was just the nature of the new 570. Other than the vibration and the thin plastics my dad really loves it so far. I like the fact that the clutch(belt) engages soo much faster than mine and a very positive feel, its fast out of the hole!

·
Registered
1 Posts
570 vibration

Just purchased a 2014 Polaris White 570 and yes it does vibrate a lot. Should of known with just one cylinder that it would be a thumper. Next time it will have to be a dual. Should of kept the Arctic Cat 700D Diesel, it was very smooth. But the problem was it would not run at 5,560 elevation. So had to go with a gas unit. The one thing the 570 does do is start! Where the diesel would not.

On a side note, I do like the idea of using a Black Kong Dog chew toy for the winch stop. Will be doing that this weekend.

·
Registered
129 Posts
First day out with my new 570, had bad vibration at about 4K - turned out to be a heat shield against the exhaust - have developed some hairline cracks in the top of the left side panel - still have some vibrations in the plastic at mid range acceleration. Everything else seems good so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
is it a vibration that you feel? cause i have a new 570 and haven't noticed a vibration. a rattle on the other hand was driving me crazy at mid RPM. turned out to be the break line on the front right side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
more a hearing thing than a feel - its in the plastic in the right front or side panel - when the dealer fixed the rattle in the heat shield, he said there may be other rattles and vibrations they will need to fix - at least he was honest. I do love the machine tho, EPS and EFI are really great

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
more a hearing thing than a feel - its in the plastic in the right front or side panel - when the dealer fixed the rattle in the heat shield, he said there may be other rattles and vibrations they will need to fix - at least he was honest. I do love the machine tho, EPS and EFI are really great
Sounds like a good machine, how do you grade the power of the 570 mill?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can only compare it to the "12 500 HO - I feel it is much snappier with a quicker throttle response - Havent gone for top end yet but I feel it will equal or surpass the 500 - seems to run smoother than the 500.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just got my 570 last week had it out twice and at about 3500 rpm theres a very pronounce vibration that smoothes out at about 3800rpm was gonna ride it some more giving i only have like 7miles on it and see if it smooths out. but other than that i love it. has great power, goes through some pretty thick stuff too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
One other comment on the 570, it sure uses more gas than the 500

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, all.
I just got the new sportsman 570 efi I drove it only about an hour and right away I notice a loud vibration at about 10mph mostly in high gear. I read the other post and checked the things I can see. Anyone hear of anything else that nay cause this. Also looking for skid plate and front bumper nobody has these yet for this model ?? Thanks everyone I will post pics ASAP

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hello, all.
I just got the new sportsman 570 efi I drove it only about an hour and right away I notice a loud vibration at about 10mph mostly in high gear. I read the other post and checked the things I can see. Anyone hear of anything else that nay cause this. Also looking for skid plate and front bumper nobody has these yet for this model ?? Thanks everyone I will post pics ASAP
Behind the right body panel you'll see the exhaust heat shields. That's what rattles. Just adjust to get them away from touching anywhere.

On skids and bumpers, not a lot or really anything is out for them yet. Even Polaris stuff is just trickling in. I contacted Ricochet for skids and they told me they are at least a month away from having anything

1 - 20 of 62 Posts