Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me if this has been asked before- but i am going to move up to the 2up models -i currently have a 2012 500 sportsman and looking for the extra room and comfort when my wife goes with me on rides. i am looking for honest opinions on both the 570 and 550 models. i ride only trails and in the woods near my home and don't do any mudding or crazy stuff...no disrespect to those who do...so looking for your inputs and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have any experience with the 570 but I do have some with the 550. I have a 2010 550 xp touring. I think it's awesome. It is super narrow in the saddle has good power and rides like a dream in my opinion. I have sat on the back as a passenger and the ride is not as smooth as up front but still a good ride for the passenger. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Power Steering on the 550, none on the 570

570 has a little more punch than the 550

Sit on both and ride if possible, you can't go wrong with either both are fine machines.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I guess if I was in the market for a new ATV (especially a touring model) it would be VERY HARD not to pay the extra dough for the EPS. Just my .02 !!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I havent rode the 550 but I love my 570 touring. I dont need eps but may add it on later. I agree with what was said above. Ride both and see what you like the best.

·
Registered
815 Posts
you can always add power steering later either polaris or superatv

·
Registered
815 Posts
The 570 doesn't fit in the xp frame from I understand. motor needs to be sideways. They need to update or do away with that 550 and 850. Introduce a 1000 and a 700-800 class xp sportsman.
Hard to have a (poorly named by the way) Value line atv make more power than the XP line.

·
Registered
152 Posts
you can always add power steering later either polaris or superatv
I would strongly recommend staying away from the Super ATV kit, they have made improvements but it will never be as reliable or from a performance viewpoint as good as OEM.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i am more confused then a baby in a topless bar....went to 2 dealers in my area and one was trying to sell me the 550.....and the other was selling me the 570.....both saying that each machine was good....but the down side was nobody in a 75 mile radius has a 570 in stock that i can see which rear seat is more comfortable...momma has to ride there so gotta make momma happy...i personally am leaning towards the 550 but having a hard time with the price difference...i'll keep y'all posted and thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
815 Posts
you can't beat the rear seat on a 570. Hands down the most comfortable rear seat on the market. After a few rides it softens up like a pillow top mattress and thats no joke. At least 5 inches of padding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts