Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me some insight as to the thought behind a Polaris vs king quad. It seems like the Polaris is a better value but I would be curious if anyone had a king and moved over to polaris?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can't say anything about the king quad, but I have a new 570 and love it. Great ride, nice power and a great price. Hard to beat if ya ask me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do u like your black diamonds. I bought them for my yamaha wolverine 350 and so far they are working nicely.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just put them on Monday and haven't had a chance to ride yet, but that'll change Sunday. They look nice and beefy. I bought them solely on the great reviews. Should do well with the type of terrain I ride

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
so for $600 less you can get EPS, More CC's, and the industry leading FIS (fully independent suspension) seams like an easy choice to me.

and for my opinion, the 570 looks better too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like Polaris but their fit and finish has a lot to be desired. If their QC was better they would have better reliability.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I like Polaris but their fit and finish has a lot to be desired. If their QC was better they would have better reliability.
Have you seen an Arctic Cat in person? That fit and finish is awful. I think my kid's power wheels is nicer than that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I got my 570 (non-EPS) for $6299, $6725 OTD. I was happy with that deal

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Have you seen an Arctic Cat in person? That fit and finish is awful. I think my kid's power wheels is nicer than that.
Which model? AC has awesome fit and finish.

FYI . Edgar Hateen founded both Arctic Cat and Polaris.

Hence why It is ok to like both brands.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Lee Iacoca was the man behind the Ford Mustang in 1964 and then he went to Chrysler. No comparison there.

Fit and finish means nothing towards rid-ability.

It also means nothing towards dependability.

Thor pretty much said it all. The Polaris offers so much more. Ride both the same amount of time and the same trail. You will pick the Polaris and you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
All the ACs I see at Bass Pro. Their tires look cheap, their racks look cheap, their controls look cheap. If I remember right they are 450 sized and up. Even their side by sides seem junky; cheap seat belts that are broke, controls cheesy and dash seems crap. I dunno, to me they feel very Chinese quad like. Everything looks nice new, but when I actually looked one over beyond the shine I laughed. Especially when I saw the prices they are asking for what you get.

They might have great motors, who knows. The Wildcat seems to be liked, so maybe it is just some of their ATVs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Before i had a 2005 sportsman 600 twin. Then i sold it and got a kingquad 750 LE model with Eps. I gotta say i like the KQ better. Much smoother the engine and transmission are very smooth and very powerfull for me. You can easily pick the front end . I also prefer seperate handlever. Kingquads are the most reliable quads.

I will post a picture up.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Polaris might be the best value in the industry, but suzuki has the ugliest styling in the industry for sure!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Polaris might be the best value in the industry, but suzuki has the ugliest styling in the industry for sure!

you know I think the KQ's look nice....but to each his own LOL! Its hard to beat Suzuki reliability. they have a great tranny and motor setup. they're eps needs more assistance and is lacking compared to Polaris. I like steel racks, I sure wish Polaris would go back to them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I also like how you can have the front diff in limited slip and locked. Also the rear oil bathed brakes inside the differntial that requieres no maintance. I also have an 2013 850 touring . They both have differnt ergonomics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts