Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there are any unbiased opinions from a 570 owner who has either owned or rides with somebody who owns a Grizzly 700? I know this is pretty subjective, but how similar are the machines concerning accelerating out of corners? I like the way a Grizzly feels powerful at normal trail speeds. I rode a 2013 Can Am 500 Outlander and it seemed a bit underpowered in comparison regardless of the similar horsepower. Can Am weighs about the same as the 570 and again has about the same horsepower rating. Kind of guessing the 570 and the Can Am will feel pretty similar?

Grizzly suspension vs. Polaris strut suspension for high speed trail riding?

Seems like the general opinion here is that the 570 tops out about 70mph or is that an exaggeration?

How difficult is it to unbolt the rear seat on the touring model?

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
The 570 will top out at 70, no exaggeration there. As far as a comparison against the Grizz or Can Am, I can't help ya with. I do know the 570 is pretty darn torquey and can hold its own. Wouldn't be afraid to say it would hold up well if not the best in the 500cc class power wise.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i personally like the stock grizz clutching over the stock sportsman the grizz has a third clutch just like the geared yamahas its a centrifugal clutch located behind the primary, instead of having a primary spring so there is no resistance on the clutch pushing against the weights it is a very basic clutch. polaris have a much more complex primary and if you get a clutch kit you can harness the polaris HP making it more desirable

power wise stock for stock i prefer the grizz, with a clutch kit the polaris

comfort wise even with the hd springs i have i dont think you could make a yamaha have nearly as great of ride without serious suspension upgrades

yamaha in my experience needs less maintenance then a popo

oh and im judging the popo off my 500 the 570 is supposed to be alot more torqy dont kno if they upgraded the clutch or if its just engine power

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah the 500vs570 thing is kinda hard. I rode my buddy's a few years ago and felt nothing like my 570(power wise/clutching). Not only with the addition of 10 more hp over the 500, I believe clutching is better not to mention ergonomics. The 570 just feels more "sporty". Not downing the ol reliable 500 in any way, just saying the 570 is a little different beast.

·
Registered
434 Posts
oh ok thanks for the info. was the 500 you rid an older model? or 05+ with ebs because theres a very noticable difference between the two of them aswell......not trying to get to off topic lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah his was an '02 or '04 I believe. Not sure exactly

·
Registered
434 Posts
yeah they had the older style secondary not the team roller sec.....either way im interested to see the diference between the 500 n 570

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The newer 570s do have more oomph than say my 13' 500HO. Its noticeable. As far as ride, clutching performance, ergos they were the same to me even with the narrower 570 seat.

To the OP either one will be a fine machine. Sit on both, test ride each if you can, and buy what YOU like. Your kind of comparing apples to oranges, a 500 class machine to a 700 class machine and there is a BIG price difference between the two. The 570 is more "modern" with technology and ergo's than the grizzly 700 which has basically been the same for many years now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I heard the 570 has a vibration from the motor at slow speeds. I do like how the grizzly has seperate brake levers but it doesnt have parking brake just Park in the trannsmission and its hard to get out of park in an incline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
To the OP either one will be a fine machine. Sit on both, test ride each if you can, and buy what YOU like. Your kind of comparing apples to oranges, a 500 class machine to a 700 class machine and there is a BIG price difference between the two. The 570 is more "modern" with technology and ergo's than the grizzly 700 which has basically been the same for many years now.
I imagine you're right, I'm probably splitting hairs as far as performance. The more info the better though. I really don't want to buy a 570 and end up disappointed in the performance.

Unfortunately a test ride seems to be about an impossibility up here, especially considering the snow. I really wish I could get a ride on a 570 that would tell me a lot.

Apples to Oranges, I agree to a point. As fate would have it a newer low mileage Grizzly and a brand new 570 touring are in about the same price range, which is part of the reason I'm shopping them both. (Yes I know the Grizzly isn't a 2 seater...that's also part of the decision, how important a 2 seater is...) As you eluded to too Grizzly engine tech is getting to be dated. Narrows the gap considerably in my opinion regardless of the retail price. The horsepower rating is very comparable.

Not trying to pick apart your response to argue, just trying to better explain my thinking. I highly appreciate the responses everyone has given so far. They're all helpful in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
No problem I understand. So its new vs used at same price. Id go new. The 570 is no slouch, it does vibrate a bit more than my 500ho but I only noticed because of all the comments on the vibration. Be warned though, there are ALOT of complaints of 570's (several just on this forum) that are having issues starting/operating in cold weather. It's actually keeping my father from purchasing one until Polaris gets it figured out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If OP continues to read this forum, he'll be buying the Grizzly in no time lol:cowboy:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hehehe.

Any issues starting yours in the cold, KME ?
Nope. Almost 300 miles and 30hrs, but the coldest I've had it out in was 20*f. Slight vibration at idle/low speed but to be expected I guess from a 570 single. No other issues or complaints

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm impressed about all around performance wise with my 500. The 570 is probably a way better machine. I'd definitely go with the polaris. It's a better bike all around in my opinion. Did you know the polaris has almost 2 inches more ground clearance and that's just with stock tires...good luck with your choice. You'll probably be satisfied with either bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If OP continues to read this forum, he'll be buying the Grizzly in no time lol:cowboy:
As much as i hate to say it if it werent for a good dealer and the extended warranty I probably wouldnt consider the polaris. Not ready to cast too many stones at the 570 just yet though. I noticed the comments on vibration and hard/no starts, but figured any first year model is likely to have a couple things. Based off the 500 chassis and the prostar seems to have a good reputation in the rzr doesnt it? Should be a good formula I hope.

·
Registered
422 Posts
As much as i hate to say it if it werent for a good dealer and the extended warranty I probably wouldnt consider the polaris. Not ready to cast too many stones at the 570 just yet though. I noticed the comments on vibration and hard/no starts, but figured any first year model is likely to have a couple things. Based off the 500 chassis and the prostar seems to have a good reputation in the rzr doesnt it? Should be a good formula I hope.
Some complained of harsh vibration, as one person here said it was because of an early run of motor mounts, which his dealer fixed. The cold start issues, I've seen 2 on here so far? Like I said previously, no problems with mine so far, but what do I know, I only own one lol

This is my first Polaris, so in no shape or form am I brand loyal here, at least not yet.

And yes, so far, the 570 has been a reliable mill in the RZR's as far as I know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i havent really noticed any vibration in mine.maybe next time i ride it ill seel if i can feel any.probably will now,its the placebo effect..lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have owned a few atvs. I am 6'6" & 275 lbs . I recently bought a 570 & I am very pleased with the performance I can't see myself needing anything more.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts