Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking for a second ride to match up with my 850 touring.. I've got it narrowed down to either a 570 eps or a grizzly 550 eps.. im not gonna pull the trigger till may since I don't buy extended warranties.. That'll give me the full riding season with a warranty to discover any issues.. There's another twist to this story I need to add as well.. I talked to a few guys as I started my search and of course we talked about atv's we have and used to have.. I got to talking about my 2010 850 touring and the next thing I knew I had sold the dang thing!.. ha!.. If you know my history on this forum you'll know I'm one of those powder puff riders who over maintains his machine.. I'm also a fair weather rider that doesn't like water - mud or cold.. So long story longer.. My touring was 4 years old and in really, really nice condition.. I just couldn't resist the offer.. After 4 years and about 3000k's I sold the machine for only $2000 less than I paid for it new.. Figured when that deal comes along.. You take it.. Soooo.. For the 1st time in a long time and without planning it this way, I am without an atv.. Unacceptable!.. Ok, back to purpose of this post.. The 570 is likely the machine I'll buy.. However, the color selection is pretty weak with only white and green to choose from in the eps models.. For those of you with a white atv.. How do you find it for clean up?.. Does the white discolor in the areas where mud typically gets on it?.. Again.. yes I'm one of those loony tunes that details his quad.. Let it go.. I prefer the white to the green but not if its gonna be two different shades of white after 2 months of riding.. Thanks for any input..

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the white 570 and its already stained from my pants on one side. I havent got a whole lot of mud on it but I did let some sit for a couple days before I was able to clean it and it didnt stain. Im sure I can scrub the blue stains from my pants off but wish I didnt have to. Other than that I love the white.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The white cleans up easy.

Do a search on here there are a lot of good idea's people use to keep the plastics clean.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
white. Get the ESP.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sometimes wax/polish takes off stains on plastic. Buddy had a Kia with bad, bad rust stains on the bumper plastic cover. He tried different stuff to no avail. Waxed the vehicle with Nuvinyl and the stain came right off.

·
Registered
978 Posts
my uncle has the white and it looks great still after the first season of riding it. Hes like you though he doesn't hit mud and only rides in fair weather. He'll ride after rain on the dirt roads but thats as close to mud as he gets. Thing still looks brand new. Id say its easy to keep clean. Put black hand guards and black rims and it looks real good to

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I like the white alot. And I used to absolutely hate the green. But after buying my blue 400, I started to really like the green and ended up going green when I bought my 850. I have not regretted it since, and actually have come to like the green the most so far. All the painted plastics just seem too flashy for me.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^I wonder HOW LONG the painted plastics will hold up over time. My wifes sportsman is painted. Looks great now but 10 years from now?????? I guess most guys probably don't keep their atvs that long.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yeah when they salesman told me they had "automotive style paint!!!" I was like, "how well does automotive paint hold up in bush?"

I'm sure they hold up ok, or we would see more threads about chipping/scratching paint on here. But I just prefer a less "flashy" look for an atv.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts